When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's begun!

BGGodwin

Just wait. I asked J to have the caseback read:

"To My Darling Jocelyn,

On Our 50th Anniversary

Love, Melvin

OYSTER GAS ESCAPE VALVE

PATENT PENDING"

APRIL FOOL!

How did you know that's what I wanted!? :bleh:

So... it's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ships out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Photo courtesy of jmb...

msg-24124-0-49769900-1302743077.jpg

Edited by BGGodwin

All done except for the engraving! :whistling:

Just wait. I asked J to have the caseback read:

"To My Darling Jocelyn,

On Our 50th Anniversary

Love, Melvin

OYSTER GAS ESCAPE VALVE

PATENT PENDING"

:rofl:

All joking aside.. Now THAT is how drilled lug holes should look like! Very impressive! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

looks great so far -

now pics of the CG side please ;)

cheers,

Frank

Frank, let me know what you think of the crown guard. I have absolutely no idea what it should look like at the moment...

And thank you to the rest of you guys! Justin said it's getting shipped out today! Here's another picture he took of it.

msg-24124-0-57963000-1302743051.jpg

Okay, so I've added the CG work to the list of work needed... but a more pressing issue: the date wheel. The font of the date wheel is far too skinny. Suggestions?

New date wheel? Overlay? Regardless, I need some information about the numbers and stuff... I've been doing a lot of reading and open numbers, closed numbers, etc. Does it matter? I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!! :bangin:

im working on some MBK cgs right now, the inside needs some working, take it down a bit and square it against the base. if youve never done it before you will make a mess of it and *think* it looks good. practice on a junker or outsource it. check out lots of pics because there is also a lot of variation. dont forget to observe the way it looks and relates from all angles. if possible find a store with the gen for sale, hold it and study it.

im working on some MBK cgs right now, the inside needs some working, take it down a bit and square it against the base. if youve never done it before you will make a mess of it and *think* it looks good. practice on a junker or outsource it. check out lots of pics because there is also a lot of variation. dont forget to observe the way it looks and relates from all angles. if possible find a store with the gen for sale, hold it and study it.

Other people's MBWs? Have you done a lot ofCG work before? I definitely don't plan on doing it myslef, I would pay someone to do it.

I've never seen a real one before... <_<

Other people's MBWs? Have you done a lot ofCG work before? I definitely don't plan on doing it myslef, I would pay someone to do it.

I've never seen a real one before... <_<

i dont think many people enjoy doing them, i know its pretty tedious and time consuming. even after 4 hours im only done 1 side and in the end it still needs a final inspection and prepping for polishing back to a mirror shine.

5626993232_685acc0f10_b.jpg

theres lots of talk of pbdad modding pieces, maybe even a mention in this thread, could give him a shout?