When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 002 from DSN

prdubis

Hi,

DSN has just released a new 002: new case. new CG, new crown, new dial and hands...

Have a look at his photobucket or at his section here...

The CG pin still looks wrong but that's an easy fix...

Any comments?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

The bezel is off, too tall and too wide, I suspect the latter is due to the midcase pillow being out of spec (larger).

The CG is a copy of a historic CG which is incorrect for PreA, the lever is bead blasted which is a nice touch. Lever pin is way too large in diameter. The CG is also polished to the extent the taper arch on the feet that's intended to match the pillow's arch is destroyed. The lugs are completely off in shape, screw holes position and flat "landing" area on the underside. The crown lip is too thick and the crown looks to be shallow. The caseback is wrong as well as OP6502 case range begins with serial BB970950. The dial print is a cartoonish stretch, wrong font, boldness, kerning, low crossbar and flat tops of 'A's at this point in the game is just upsetting.

The bezel is off, too tall and too wide, I suspect the latter is due to the midcase pillow being out of spec (larger).

The CG is a copy of a historic CG which is incorrect for PreA, the lever is bead blasted which is a nice touch. Lever pin is way too large in diameter. The CG is also polished to the extent the taper arch on the feet that's intended to match the pillow's arch is destroyed. The lugs are completely off in shape, screw holes position and flat "landing" area on the underside. The crown lip is too thick and the crown looks to be shallow. The caseback is wrong as well as OP6502 case range begins with serial BB970950. The dial print is a cartoonish stretch, wrong font, boldness, kerning, low crossbar and flat tops of 'A's at this point in the game is just upsetting.

Yeah, but what else?

I cannot comment on the case , I've had a few cases through my hands and I can never tell the difference in bezels and lugs.

Personally I'm not a massive fan of the PreV's and A's Dials , to me they've always had that un-finished look about them, I am a sausage man and I have a 002a/b which more to me liking . I can say that i had a 201 from DSN and it was a cracking watch if you are looking for that Vintage look. Those hands look great and the font looks ok to me , but my eyes are old and easily pleased.

I will say that I have my concerns on the crystal's Davidsen is using for these though, I don't know why they appear cloudy. It might be the crystal ring or even a slightly grey dial colour, it makes no sense that they are cloudy. My 24a's crystal is amazing . I do wish he would get someone to take better pictures of his watches. They strap is very nice .

DSCF4017.jpg

I really get the feeling that W doesnt think much of this ... but its just a hunch...... Maybe, M you could confirm ;)

Some Gen Pictures

60678101.jpg

So the CG not that off, though the pin is a bit funky as pointed out

18879500.jpg

DSCF3979.jpg

and the Font dont look too bad either

Caseback out buy a few digits at the end as mentioned , but hardly noticeable

13686235.jpg

DSCF4002.jpg

For 250 notes , its the only off the shelf Pre A you can get .

DSN really need to take better pictures

Base:

111J @ $188 from Puretime

Sell off:

Dial - $40

Caseback - $30

CG - $50

Rubber - $15

You end up with a case, movement, crystal & buckle for ~$50

Next steps:

a) Strip the A/R on crystal, use a dremel with a felt buffing attachment and some rouge

в) Pull the hex case tube out (use a long screw with head that matches the tube outer diameter), put in dremel chuck with a large collet, run the hex against a file or sharpening whetstone at low, then follow with fine grit sandpaper & capecod.

c) Snip the sec@9 gear pinion on movement

DSN Dial - $60

DSN Caseback - $20

Sead CG - $65

Don Ginsler Rouille or DK Tan strap - $15

Voila - you have yourself a much better budget version for ~$200 and you have an extra seconds hand to boot ;)