When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 questions

woof*

The closest thing would be the A serial Euromariner from Chris at ETZ which came out 2-3 years ago. It's basically an MBW case, probably says Orig Polex Design between the lugs- I haven't looked lately and can't remember for sure. Once you get the kinks out, it is a nice watch- an earlier 16610.

This watch came from George, I have a string of emails between the watch purchaser and George,links of postings of this watch from the old wm9 board concerning this particular watch.

It definatly has no markings between the lugs, zip-nada-nothing. Lugholes,Swiss eta and gen construction bezel.

I can't post pics of it till tonight when I get off work.

Maybe it's a proto or sample?

Sounds like it to me. George was around earlier on w/ earlier models of subs, but the rep guys like us didn't really start following him til BK took up selling his stuff, etc. I don't know if any of the sub reps had gen bezel construction until the WM9-V1.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Mmmmm i hurd of this some years back, now im no forum guy i just lurk on the internet and rwg got me hooked to this forum!

But this watch your talking about sounds very intresting!

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

This watch came from George, I have a string of emails between the watch purchaser and George,links of postings of this watch from the old wm9 board concerning this particular watch.

It definatly has no markings between the lugs, zip-nada-nothing. Lugholes,Swiss eta and gen construction bezel.

I can't post pics of it till tonight when I get off work.

Begining of 2006 i bought the WM9 Sub, it to had no markings and the "swiss made" was off line a little to the right. My son has it now and its still running strong.

Alright, this is what I know.

The watch was purchased from George in 2007. The guy that bought it had an accident on a boat and the watch got a bit smashed.. so George sent him an insert and he installed it and it looked like this. He was a regular poster on the watchmaker forum and posted this story there.

P2060010.jpg

I bought the watch, added my bracelet because the screws to adjust his were frozen. He was an active diver for years with this watch in Bermuda. I also added a gen insert.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Sounds like TW best/MBW to me, 2006 there was little gen like construction.

I have one like described, offset swiss made, lug-holes, no engraving at all, but no gen like bezel. A gen insert wont fit sanse mod. It is 8 years old.

[Edit posted before seeing the pics]

It is tw best for shure, no gen bezel, but a nice watch still. Enjoy! Will post pics of mine tomorrow.

Edited by slickdick

Thanks for the info! You have a very nice watch!

Your bezel construction is the same as mine? I'm new at these, I knew the bezel was different from my other rolex's and just assumed it was gen like.

Thanks again

Thanks for the info! You have a very nice watch!

Your bezel construction is the same as mine? I'm new at these, I knew the bezel was different from my other rolex's and just assumed it was gen like.

Thanks again

Yes 3 spring click ring, 120 clicks, same as yours. And you can pop it like the gen.

img0411fx.jpg

Edited by slickdick

Boy howdy....yep bezel as mine!

:)

It's interesting that George sold him this watch as Wm9, but I guess George was quite a character.

The guy gave me links to the watchmaker forum spanning a few years of posts concerning this watch, no one there noticed it wasn't wm9.

He also gave me a string of emails between himself and George about this watch concerning repairs for it. Regardless I like the watch, I didn't pay alot for it and it has a rich history...the owner dove on 3 continents with it.

Thanks for the help!

Edited to add: This sub has the longest power reserve of any of my other 20 or so watches..at least 40hrs

Edited by woof*

Woof, thats the watch i received from George as i said above. Look at your 2nd photo and at the SWISS MADE, its closer to the second marker on the left than the one on the right.

Yes I see that, but slickdick is saying they are TW best/MBW instead of Wm9's

On the forums they are known as TW best. MBW, EL, River, TTK and also wm9 George sold them. So in a way you can call it a wm9, but on the forums wm9 subs refer to the latest 3 iterations. which appearantly where exclusive to wm9 george.

That's great information!

I have one more question on the bezel. After I put mine back together it just spins either direction. What way does the sping with the three "fingers" go? facing up or down? Do you need to tension/bend it? Before I popped it off it worked as normal, only went one direction with clicks. I thought I lost a tiny click spring that are on gen systems, but I guess this watch doesn't have one.

The ring does not need bending.

The ring has 2 sides, one side with the 3 springs is the up side. The other side has 1 tiny lip which goes into the hole in the case at 12.

Slickdick, your the man!

I just redid it.. and now it's fine and operates as it should! I hadn't noticed the little tab that goes into the hole at 12 before.

Thanks!