When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Yellow dial Ferrari watch mini review

cougaree

After owing this watch for the last several days, these are my thoughts of the watch as a quality time keeper (this is not a gen vs rep comparison).

27bf0abe.jpg

Positives: Case, dial and AR coating on the sapphire crystal

The case is very nicely finished. It definitely feels high quality. No sharp edges. It has nice presence on my wrist. It wears slightly large compare to my other 44mm Pam. I think this is due to its 45mm case size, lighter colored dial, deeper rehalt and the shape of the lugs. The engraving on the caseback looks nice. It would be great if the engraving can be a bit deeper, especially the horse, but it's not too bad. When I slide my finger over it, it feels smooth. The dial is very well made. I'm not sure it has the same shade of yellow as gen, but looks very nice. The highly polished numerals are very clean and shinny. The AR coating is pretty good out of the box. I personally don't think the crystal needs to be recoated.

Negatives: Installation of the hands

The watch's large hands are not installed perfectly parallel to the dial on this watch. I think they were installed like this to provide more clearance, so they could go over the sub dials. The hands will need to be reinstalled, perhaps with a set of taller wheels (hour, minute, etc).

64292083.jpg

50056099.jpg

Overall, again, it's a good watch. Mod worthy. I know I will keep mine for a very long time.

Questions:

1. Where can I find a set of taller hour, minute and second wheels? Will the ETA wheels fit onto a A7750?

2. Can an ETA 7750 be installed in this watch to work with the existing modifications of moving the minute counter from 12 to 3?

Thanks for reading!

Cougaree

Edited by cougaree

Nice looking watch, very similar to my FER0008 I got 2 weeks ago. I have studied my watch and photos of the original, every time I think I have spotted a difference, between the REP and GEN it appears I am wrong. Only thing I may have spotted is on some photos it appears to pushers have a softer shoulder profile as these are a fairly sharp 90 degree cut, but then they may be correct? Just took the plastic cover of the back today, and it looks sweet.