When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a 24-700 Crown

usmctowgnr

That crown looks genuine since the coronet looks good, the pictures are blurry though so I guess he never learns.

my crown and tube that I got from that auction is genuine for sure (self procalaimed wis and I have another genuine 702 crown to compare it with). It has crimped edges (a sure sign for authenticity) for the 702 crown and the tube fits perfectly. Sadly one of the gaskets broke when I was fiddling with it sighh.

Thanks for the T-39 crystal:

Btw, I think you forgot a dial in the box for some reason.

upload.jpg

Just kidding. It's just a mock up of what I'm going to make

Edited by praetor

It has crimped edges (a sure sign for authenticity)

DING! DING! DING! We have a Winner!

Everyone worries about if the crown is correct - and the debate rages!

Turn it over! There isn't a rep out there made of brass with a crimped stainless steel shell over that. Crimped? Gen!

The only exception is the new 704 crown which is machined.

I'm planning to modify a Puretime 1665. I think MBW is too expensive for me. It's at least $400. PT case is good nuff, it's too big, meaning I can shave off just about everything to the correct dimensions =D

Edited by praetor

The vintage PT watches are a great bang for your buck and turn out good. It is hard to pony up for an mbw and then spend more loot on mods. This hobby has a high price tag lol. I have a mbw 5513 I got from a great member for a reasonable price or I probably would be going the PT route as well. Still may have to go that way for a 1665 as I am having a hard time sourcing a mbw 1665.

The vintage PT watches are a great bang for your buck and turn out good. It is hard to pony up for an mbw and then spend more loot on mods. This hobby has a high price tag lol. I have a mbw 5513 I got from a great member for a reasonable price or I probably would be going the PT route as well. Still may have to go that way for a 1665 as I am having a hard time sourcing a mbw 1665.

I love my vintage 5512's from josh. After a gen crown&tube, crystal ,lugholes..the only advantage I see in the MBW are the CG's.

I was lined out for an MBW from a forum member, but he seems to have forgotten me after our pm's and emails.

Usmc...good luck on your project!