When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Now this is a vintage...

Omega

This is a old and very rare chronograph from '40 I think. Ref. 4062. I will let it maybe go. What do you think guys is a fair price to give it away? BTW, the watch runs like a champ, the movement is just serviced! Thanks for your help...

nUzf33DBTHwX.JPG

I think hour, minute and big chrono hands are not original. Could not find a such combination.

I have ref. photos for this one. The hour and minute hands look gen, taken from different dial version of this (with dotted hour markers, not "tear" like this one). Price would be 6000-9000$ for fair quality and 12000-15000$ for good. I would say this one if fair... Still, a real gem.

Personally,i think it might be worth about 50 bucks. But what's the point of keeping this kind of junk in your house?I'll take it off your hands, i'll even be graceful enough to pay the PP :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :1::ph34r:

Seriously now, i think the vintage Rolex Chronos are the best looking watches ever made and i will stand with this opinion. However, parts like hands or dial can significantly change the price if they're not original. Don't get me wrong, it's still worth a bloody bomb,even if it was "tweaked" in its day ;)

Congrats on the great piece again.Personally I would keep it and pass it on to the "offsprings", but it's your call (-;

Edited by Janek Sarnowski

Intersting specimen. I am interested to hear the story of how it came into your possesion. Spill the beans. :)

Ditto.

Could be quite a find. But, in order to estimate a value, you would need to post good, clear macros (1024x768-ish) of both the inside caseback & movement.