When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbk source

takumee

indeed it does.

4844764844_ee5ea27fab_z.jpg

the case really only needs 3 things; lugs drilled to 1.25mm , tube swap , and CGs done. im hoping to mod a whole bunch w/ these 3 basic changes to bring them up to a 'standard', once NP stock returns @MBK.

Thanks for the post. If you can, please PM me with a source of a 5513 watch from MBK (or preferably just the case).

Thanks!

The cartel and PT cases dont compare the the MBW. I have both, and have modded a lot of them. The fit and finish is a big difference. The MBW is much nicer to start with and no crystal retention ring problems or caseback thread problems. I agree that after I threw away all the parts off my PT1680, I was left with the case and case back, movement, bracelet links and endlinks and that was it. Its a good watch for $198 if you want something cheap to mod and play around with, but the MBW is a better starting point if you are adding gen parts and dials etc.

Sorry if I did a mistake advising Paul as a dealer.

I've bought several of his stunning buckles and asked him to get a MBW for me as he lives in Thailand.

I really don't think he's a dealer, but a nice helpful guy.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Hear hear, I had the pleasure of meeting Paul recently and he helped me out immensely. Incredible guy.

Wow, wish I found this thread before I put a deposit sown for someone to get me a MBW. Hope I still end up with one. I know nothing about the variations between versions, and was just going to send it to a modder to do a franken project. Does anyone have a link to how to tell the difference between a MBW and different type 16610?

Wow, wish I found this thread before I put a deposit sown for someone to get me a MBW. Hope I still end up with one. I know nothing about the variations between versions, and was just going to send it to a modder to do a franken project. Does anyone have a link to how to tell the difference between a MBW and different type 16610?

youre getting an mbk 16610?

When was the last time they produced a 16610? I thought that was discontinued a while ago? Maybe there is stock laying around from years ago.. who knows. There are replicas of the MBW's so watch out for those. The cartel dealers had them a few years back. That was sort of the beginning of this newest vintage Rolex replica craze.

MBW is a store.

MBK is a shopping mall.

Nah Piek is the store, MBK is the shopping center, Maria is a dude(?) who bought watches from the Nah Piek store in MBK earning these watches "Marias Best Watch" a play on words to TWBest, coincidentally it was discovered that MBW watches came from MBK. makes sense?

OOOHHH That is very clear, thank you .. I did not know that Maria was the first person to access Nah Piek .. I always thought he had his own store in or near MBK and competed against Nah Piek.

I appreciate the history lesson.