When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5 for Friday....

Justasgood

Probably stupid question, but are all of them Gens?

No stupid questions here.

The TT Datejust(Back left is 100% Gen.

The Mid size Salmon dial is 100% Gen.

The Gold Shell date HAs Gen dial, case, crown, tube and crystal with A Gen eta 2824 mov't.

The Gold Day-Date is rep with Gen dial, Gen crown

The Stainless Date-just with black dial is all Gen except the Movement (Swiss Bulova 11BLACD)

@Just...how did that 11BLACD fit into the case and is it a 1601 case or a thicker case? I love that movement. It is easy to service and there are quite a few floating around. I have an 11ALACD in a Bulova Snorkel watch that I purchased on Okinawa in 1968. Runs strong and accurately.

@Just...how did that 11BLACD fit into the case and is it a 1601 case or a thicker case? I love that movement. It is easy to service and there are quite a few floating around. I have an 11ALACD in a Bulova Snorkel watch that I purchased on Okinawa in 1968. Runs strong and accurately.

I will take some pics. I pulled the movement from a Bulova Oceanographer. The date position is just about dead on. The original Rolex spacer ring fit well. This case is a 6605 from 1957. The only problem is that this movement only uses a tap 8 stem and the Rolex crown is a tap 10. I ordered a few plus a tap 10 die and I am going to try to have them turned down on the threaded end.

I too love this movement. Strong runner, and very accurate.

I will take some pics. I pulled the movement from a Bulova Oceanographer. The date position is just about dead on. The original Rolex spacer ring fit well. This case is a 6605 from 1957. The only problem is that this movement only uses a tap 8 stem and the Rolex crown is a tap 10. I ordered a few plus a tap 10 die and I am going to try to have them turned down on the threaded end.

I too love this movement. Strong runner, and very accurate.

Thanks for reply. I am interested in other movements that can be used in our reps. Only problem is in finding hands for them.

Doesn't this Bulova movement clock at about 17-19Kph. It should be very realistic in that watch. I didn't put mine on the timer. When I cleaned, oiled and reassembled it was keeping time just like before so I didn't fix it.