When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one is the best replica around? (mechanical movement)

Mate... with the greatest respect.... thats a pretty poor thread question...

Come on my friend .... try showing us you have been doing at least some research on here.... list some OTB models you like or prefer... list some flaws

There are plenty of great guys on here with great rafts of great and qualitative info but you need to give us some idea that you have made some effort yourself and what type of thing other than movement that you are after....

It just feels like you just want to know what looks best on your wrist so people think you are wearing a gen and that you want someone else here who has spent many hours researching and learning about models to do all the work for you... so you can pull it off to your mates...

If I am wrong then I apologise... but threads like these just bring out the sceptic in me....

Mate... with the greatest respect.... thats a pretty poor thread question...

Come on my friend .... try showing us you have been doing at least some research on here.... list some OTB models you like or prefer... list some flaws

There are plenty of great guys on here with great rafts of great and qualitative info but you need to give us some idea that you have made some effort yourself and what type of thing other than movement that you are after....

It just feels like you just want to know what looks best on your wrist so people think you are wearing a gen and that you want someone else here who has spent many hours researching and learning about models to do all the work for you... so you can pull it off to your mates...

If I am wrong then I apologise... but threads like these just bring out the sceptic in me....

Sorry for having had caused those reactions, that was not what I intended. Please delete my post if suitable.

Sorry for having had caused those reactions, that was not what I intended. Please delete my post if suitable.

Don't worry about it. You have to understand that many many new people come here every week, and they all ask this exact question.

Imagine you are walking down the street, and someone comes past you and wishes you a good morning. You say GOOD MORNING back to them ... how very nice.

Now imagine, there is a long line of people coming toward you on the street, and every single one of them says GOOD MORNING to you, one after the other, in a never-ending parade. After a while you stop saying GOOD MORNING and start telling them to shut the hell up.

You didn't do anything wrong, you just didn't understand that 5000 people asked your question just before you did.

I would say my WM9/bklm YM and my blue TT.

Maybe my new akquired and modded MBW1680, and the soon comming 16520 Daytona.

The older IWC slevin is also very, very close...

Not to forget the Yuki 7032...

All frankens btw...the list is long

If you can specify if you mean out of the box or modded, it would make more sense. Or? ;-)

Closest to the real deal is conceptas MarkXVI.....but this will not pass as rep IMHO :-)

Best, J

Best replica????

I wish i knew for sure...anyhow it does not matter if it is the best or not if it is not the one you want to have next time

Now imagine, there is a long line of people coming toward you on the street, and every single one of them says GOOD MORNING to you, one after the other, in a never-ending parade. After a while you stop saying GOOD MORNING and start telling them to shut the hell up.

:lol:

This reminds me of the Shangri-La hotel in Manila...

I was kind of wandering this myself, as the only thing I've read since I've been lurking contributing to these forums are specific details about watches I'm interested in. I'd like to see how close a rep can be to the gen straight out of the box. :bounce:

There's only one way to find out - do some research, find one you like and order it... when it arrives you can decide for yourself - simples !! B)

I would say my WM9/bklm YM and my blue TT.

Maybe my new akquired and modded MBW1680, and the soon comming 16520 Daytona.

The older IWC slevin is also very, very close...

Not to forget the Yuki 7032...

All frankens btw...the list is long

If you can specify if you mean out of the box or modded, it would make more sense. Or? ;-)

Closest to the real deal is conceptas MarkXVI.....but this will not pass as rep IMHO :-)

Best, J

You lost me at WM9. How about straight from a dealer

Edited by tiltmode1

Dunno this one looks really good lol...

5611433068_532fef156e_z.jpg

See

4397820355_91010e7643_z.jpg

But I guess it depends on what your looking at spending and what kind of style you like.

This one also looks good, you know for the price lol.

4278821717_b776a2ec0c_z.jpg

You may notice my lack of lume on the orange markers lol. Don't know what version that makes it but the engraving is really close lol

4278821905_8bf9c90408_z.jpg

or perhaps you want a giant watch on your wrist, one that you can see miles away lol.

3804409172_1f1691664c_z.jpg

4688329515_7731848188_z.jpg

Guess I have to agree with those other people. Do some research or ask something a little better.

For those wondering about those I showed above...

The SOSF shown in the photos was purchased second hand off another member off TRC (i think that's what it was called it has been so long I don't remember) came with a genuine rubber. I have had the lume done by VAC (and a service) but don't believe those photos show the lume after it was done.

The Milgauss... Straight out of the box nothing at all done. Don't remember what model I purchased, I believe the newer ones have the lume on the orange markers. It was purchased over a year ago possibly two years ago. I believe a dealer was running a special on these and that is where I got it. I am still feeling it and still wear it around.

Next the Graham. Again purchased second hand off the same forum as the SOSF. The Graham was officially the second watch I purchased, the first was the SOSF. But the Graham was the first replica I ever received. This was because a member off that forum lived locally here in Denver and was selling some breitlings and this Graham. I offered to meet up and look at the Graham. I ended up buying it that day. Purchased it from him at an Irish pub in Denver. The SOSF arrived a few days later. I have done nothing at all to the Graham, I am toying with sending it to VAC to be lumed. I would love the option of sending it to The Zigmeister for a service and lume but I hear he isn't accepting work from newbies (people he doesn't know).