When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dommed bezel

alterego

You're not going to be able to find an Oyster Perpetual Date on Trusty's site. The closest you will come is a Datejust with the smooth bezel. No one makes a rep of the 34mm OP Date. Here's a couple of gens

P1000186.jpg

There was a watch from Silix, but it is a copy of the 6694 Oysterdate

Rolex6694jpg.jpg

Hope this helps.

Mag was slightly small on my 6694, so I made it into a MKII Explorer- great lume on the dial and hands- too bad Bill Yao has discontinued the dial and hands parts section.

MKIIexplorer.jpg

I first put an aftermarket crystal on the 6694- it fit fine, but the cyclops was too far left. So then I put a T-12 on there and the MKII dial and hands- the dial had eta feet so it fit perfectly. I bought this watch back in 2006, so it had a swiss eta, all for $130! I've got $300 in the watch, even left the Rolex rep crown and tube on there. All I need to do is check it for WR.

rsz_p1000200_-_copy.jpg

It works pretty well with this $10 metal bracelet also- 19mm, no logo, with a flip lock clasp.

The 6694 case is probably a good deal by itself since it takes a 2836- that and a 28mm dial and you could build a very nice rep.

Thank you for all the suggestions on what way to go. Baeautiful watches. I really like the explorer. What I like about the new Date is the bezel. It gives the watch a totally new identity. A more dressy presence. I had the chance to try a gen in Cozumel in Feb and the watch rocks. I have seen a rep version offered by unknown sites in the internet, but the case is 36 mm and I bet they'd send a straight Datejust with the smooth bezel instead.

Parallel to this quest I'm working on a frank Date. I have everything but the movement. A 1570 goce. es for well over 1 K and I'm not willing to spend that much, when I can buy a vintage Date for about the same amount.

If I decide to put an alternative movement on the 1500 case. which you think would fit ?

Thank you again for your eventual comments.