When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Retirement

Finepics

I am genuinely touched by all the kind words you guy's have said - this forum has been a life changing experience for me and one that I have absolutely no regrets about.

Rob - thanks for you words particularly as I know you know what it's like!!

One thing that will be nice is to watch some of the pile of movies I have on DVD before they go out of date!!

Sorry to hear that it's taken such a toll on you. I hope things get better. Maybe you need a nice break in the sun somewhere with your girlfriend. That should help. And don't do the late nights. I do it all the time and it's no good for me either!

Relax and take your time. If you do any work on watches, set a time limit for it and stick to it. No point in working all hours of the day.

Anyway, take that break, it'll be good for you! I hear Canary Islands can be as cheap as 200 pounds for 2 weeks including flights and accomodation :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Mark, this is one of those wonderful moments when some one realises what's important in life. We can all get dragged down by too much work forgetting about the wife, girlfriend, children, parents, friends, and most importantly ourselves.

I never got any work done by you... I asked you twice and you were extra helpful and friendly but finances stopped me from going ahead - have a young daughter, and have to put her and my wife first... But you took it with grace both times which is probably why you are getting such warm feedback here. You're a great watchsmith, of that there is no doubt, but more importantly you conduct yourself with grace and dignity even with those (like myself) who don't end up putting business your way.

Nows the time to chill and enjoy life a bit (including of course this fine forum!!!)!!

Take care,

Diego

Just a suggestion to manage this.

Create a calendar marked with the number of hours you want to work a week. You should have a good idea of how long each type of job takes so mark the time in the available slots on a first come first served basis when you take orders. When the slots are filled then move them to slots of time further out. Stop after three months to get caught up before taking new orders. Manage the time based on your needs and time you are willing to put in. By systematic about it and it should be managable. On months you want to take time off - don't fill in the slots. Everyone here will understand you do not want to work yourself to death on reps.

Usil

• 4 weeks later...

hi Mark,

I have missed to read this thread...

I have learned a lot from you, so many informative posts about vintage pams and all the work you have done to upgrade our reps...( pvd, relume, plexi, datewheel and so on...).

I'm proud of my 6152/1 "made by Finepics"!

Enjoy your retirement Mark!

I too, have missed this thread, been trying to do some stuff of my own as well...

Anyway, take it easy, kick back, relax... Spend time doing the things you love, with those you love!

Life is short... Time is luck! (who said that?)

Cheers for everything Mark!