When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's Horrible, It's Terrible... It's downright Scary...

Watchwatcher

thanks to davewe for turning me on to the guy who twists genes, faces, and outer rings on these Seiko monsters, to come up with something which is downright scary and just the thing for summer days at the beach... here it is... the BLACK-EYED ORANGE MONSTER...

10270-4927.jpg

10270-4928.jpg

10270-4929.jpg

Love it! Here's its mate.

Dave

post-244-1143142594_thumb.jpg

nice watch for the summer...wear it well!!!

i have in plan to get this one for myself for the coming summer...

yeah, i know it is a beast!!!

it weights..........260g.......tickness......24mm....with crown......cca 80 mm.......

here you go :

nice watch for the summer...wear it well!!!

i have in plan to get this one for myself for the coming summer...

yeah, i know it is a beast!!!

it weights..........260g.......tickness......24mm....with crown......cca 80 mm.......

here you go :

Got myself the black version of this with the metal strap, it's a seriously imposing watch. Not the best timekeeper but it DOES make an impact. Wore mine in the most punishing environments as well and it just looks double hard with a few scratches.

Bangs for buck it's one of the best IMO. Scream look at me in orange- for the brave only.

These monsters are so ugly only thier mothers :winkiss: could love them but they are tough as nails!

There is a guy over on TimeZone, Gaio Lakin, who first came up with this mod. I have exchanged e-mails with him. He swaps the chapter rings of the black and orange monsters. The orange with the black eye looks good like it is. The black with orange ring needs something like an orange minute hand to really make it stand out.

I bid and won a pair on e-bay and am waiting for a hand removing tool. I plan to do the same mod. It is a relatively easy operation but requires removing the movements and the second and minute hands to swap the rings. Gaio said to be very careful with the paint on the hands as it flakes off fairly easy. I am going to try to mask off the lume on the minute hand of the black one and paint it orange around the perimeter to achieve the effect I talked about above....This will really make it unique don't you thinik. Also a bead blast to give it a semi-matte finish is something to think about.

K