When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchcollecterhk DSSD with 3135 movement

I have no clue who watchcollecterhk is, best you stick with our trusted dealers, I do hope you are not a spamming us.....

If you do a search on the forum you will see that the Asian ETA clone movement, that is made to "look" (not really) like the Rolex 3135 movement, is junk. It will break, or the superficial parts glued to the movement will fall off and stop your watch from working.....

Get the true Swiss ETA DSSD, or even a Swiss Sellita movement version if you can B)

Welcome to the forum, the search function is your friend ;)

• Like 1

Im familiar with the watchcollecterhk who has videos on youtube,Ive heard nothing negitave about him. But why bother? we have the best(safest) dealers here at RWG. I have the DSSD with the Swiss eta 2836,excellent time keeper,welcome :)Mike

I have no clue who watchcollecterhk , best you stick with our trusted dealers, I do hope you are not a spamming us.....

If you do a search on the forum you will see that the Asian ETA clone movement, that is made to "look" (not really) like the Rolex 3135 movement, is junk. It will break, or the superficial parts glued to the movement will fall off and stop your watch from working.....

Get the true Swiss ETA DSSD, or even a Swiss Sellita movement version if you can B)

Welcome to the forum, the search function is your friend ;)

Ditto

And it will be worth the wait

I was going to get the dssd from BK but he has a wait of 4 weeks. watchcollecterhk ships in 5 days. Just trying to see if its worth it.

Is it worth the wait to have BK work his magic on your watch? Yes, why do you think there is a waiting list ;)

If you want quality and attention to detail, go with BK B)

watchcollecterhk has the best YouTube rep watch videos IMHO. From what I've read posted by others who have dealt with him he's good to deal with- great communication and it seems like he really cares about providing products that are great quality- unlike some of the other trusted dealers like WatchEden (can't remember if they are a TD on here or not). Now I have to look for the video from him to see what it looks like.

Ugh! Hope you're not talking about the ROLEX DEEPSEA CERAMIC BEZEL & MIDLINKS Boooooooooooooooo!

If you're talking about this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8RUDRZ-Tk&feature=channel_video_title then yes, I like it.

watchcollecterhk.jpg

Difference between this and BK-

dial (I like the markers on this)

bezel insert

You don't see very many of these dials, and here's a gen for reference...

116660.jpg

DeepSea-2Chronometerhemmung.jpg

Hate the pearl but love the rest of it. :)

Edited by ThinkBachs

watchcollecterhk has the best YouTube rep watch videos IMHO. From what I've read posted by others who have dealt with him he's good to deal with- great communication and it seems like he really cares about providing products that are great quality- unlike some of the other trusted dealers like WatchEden (can't remember if they are a TD on here or not). Now I have to look for the video from him to see what it looks like.

Ugh! Hope you're not talking about the ROLEX DEEPSEA CERAMIC BEZEL & MIDLINKS Boooooooooooooooo!

If you're talking about this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8RUDRZ-Tk&feature=channel_video_title then yes, I like it.

watchcollecterhk.jpg

Difference between this and BK-

dial (I like the markers on this)

bezel insert

You don't see very many of these dials, and here's a gen for reference...

116660.jpg

DeepSea-2Chronometerhemmung.jpg

Hate the pearl but love the rest of it. :)

Nice post,excelent screen shots :good: I also agree with the communication comments. I asked him a few questions,he got back to me right away.I have to admit, I was Impressed. :pardon: Mike

I was going to get the dssd from BK but he has a wait of 4 weeks. watchcollecterhk ships in 5 days. Just trying to see if its worth it.

BK practically hand-builds his pieces, so there is a huge difference between him and a "dealer"

You don't see very many of these dials, and here's a gen for reference.

That's a normal Eurotimez/TrevorTime dial and insert, with an improved (domed) pearl.

PureTime sells both the Cartel/BK DSSD and the "ETZ/TT" DSSD nowm as the "V6" and the "V7"

And yes, I love the slender surrounds too. It's my favorite dial.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought the "asian" DSSD from watchcollectorhk after seeing his youtube vid.it basically came in pieces.when i can get around to it i'll post some pics.the watch you receive will in all likelihood look like crap compared to his showpieces.you can get a functioning DSSD for $98.do not buy from him.stick with the dealer links here-don't be in a hurry.he has no QC and probably has his orders shipped by another party.his quick communication is most likely because he has a few people working for him. dead serious.

i bought the "asian" DSSD from watchcollectorhk after seeing his youtube vid.it basically came in pieces.when i can get around to it i'll post some pics.the watch you receive will in all likelihood look like crap compared to his showpieces.you can get a functioning DSSD for $98.do not buy from him.stick with the dealer links here-don't be in a hurry.he has no QC and probably has his orders shipped by another party.his quick communication is most likely because he has a few people working for him. dead serious.

Interesting post from a new member. I've seen plenty of posts from established members that are quite the opposite from this experience. I haven't dealt with him personally, but always do my homework when looking to do business with a dealer. I have a very hard time believing that any dealer would send a watch in "pieces," especially WCHK.

Edited by ThinkBachs

I enjoy looking at WCHK's mouth-watering videos when I'm choosing a new rep.

Then I contact Joshua to actually purchase the watch.

Why mess with success?

ok, does a crown fused to a barrel,barrel in turn not screwed into case,and threads of each being of incompatible diameters suffice to be "in pieces" ? perhaps a little exaggeration but not by much.we're talking about a hole in the side of the case with crude grooves,gummed with ashy residue (i used a Zeiss microscope adapter with Leica binoculars) and a shaky stem that would have pulled apart if i'd tried to set the time. i'm a noob but i've bought form Joshua and Andrew since and couldn't agree more with the idea of drooling over youtube vids and then ordering from them.

Ugh... if thats the case he seems to have a decent reputation for giving refunds if someone is not happy. Mine should be here in the next 5 days I will post some pics, I did forgo the 3135 movement and went with the ETA instead. I've expressed in detail to him that I will be after a refund if it is not EXACTLY as in the video and functionally perfect citing that I have alternatives and I am putting my faith in him this time. I paid through paypal which sides with buyers 99% of the time if I have to issue a charge back this way. My shipment was delayed due to a part not being in he offered to refund my money for the time and let me reorder later but the part came in a day later so I stuck it out.

Edited by 116610

Received my watchcollecterhk DSSD in the mail today. Watch looks pretty good. Clasp is really tight to get the adjustment teeth open, the date changes at about 11:55 rather than at midnight, the crown feels good it unscrews properly etc. Watchcollecterhk told me this watch would be water proof for at least several feet but I've not tested this yet. I will take some photos and post them a bit later. Gladly nothing is broken out and out like the expereince baboon had.

bought from jimmy a HBB AB II, great watch, fast shipping and good communication. AsI talked to other members and none I know had received a crappy watch as someone else above said.

edit: he was shipping to Germany within 4 days without any custom problems ! that was awesome

Edited by Eiderdaus

b6202.jpgb0202.jpgb1202.jpg

b7203.jpgb8202.jpgb9.jpg

Finally got around to taking some photos. I just got confirmation from him that it specifically is ok for water day to day like washing hands etc but not swimming :( kinda dissappointed that I have a watch called the deepsea that has to remain dry.

Finally got around to taking some photos. I just got confirmation from him that it specifically is ok for water day to day like washing hands etc but not swimming :( kinda dissappointed that I have a watch called the deepsea that has to remain dry.

This watch can be easily waterproofed if there is no serious flaw in the case. Have a Forum modder do it for you .. if you can find a local watch smith who owns a waterproof testing machine, then pay the few dollars to have it tested .. you never know, maybe it's a good one.

I just spent 3 days in Miami Beach swimming in the ocean with mine, and it's perfectly fine .. 2 years in the water and no leaks yet.

• 6 months later...