When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel Discovery Panda has been sold out for A YEAR!

AlexBPM

In a never ending chain of highly reviewed watches the simply go extinct, the Ebel Disvoery Panda has been MIA for ONE YEAR. Whats the deal? Did the factory close? Who runs out of stock for an entire year? If anybody has the inside scoop on where I can find this dinosaur please PM me. I've already tried half of our trusted dealers! Thanks gents

I asked all the dealers I know for one about a month ago - out of production, none available. Just the way it is.

Post a want to buy, but be prepared to pay top dollar for a used rep.

Well I think it's a great piece. And looks great with a suit. It seems every time a watch gets great reviews, it becomes extinct shortly after. This is the only Ebel I would even consider getting. Guess I'll have to look into getting a used one

quote name='AlexBPM' timestamp='1308372336' post='986037']

Well I think it's a great piece. And looks great with a suit. It seems every time a watch gets great reviews, it becomes extinct shortly after. This is the only Ebel I would even consider getting. Guess I'll have to look into getting a used one

I ordered one yesterday from puretimewatch. They have confirmed the transaction by e-mail today and told me they would ship it out in 2-3 days and send me QC pictures prior to shipping. They said nothing about it not being white :) On their site it´s called 1911 Discovery Chronograph Silver. Is that what you call "Panda"?

In a never ending chain of highly reviewed watches the simply go extinct, the Ebel Disvoery Panda has been MIA for ONE YEAR. Whats the deal? Did the factory close? Who runs out of stock for an entire year? If anybody has the inside scoop on where I can find this dinosaur please PM me. I've already tried half of our trusted dealers! Thanks gents

Watches aren't produced liks socks AlexBPM.. they are produced in batches.. When batches dry up.. they dry up. SOMETIMEs the factory decides to reproduce them, or create a new version.... Most of the time.. they produce X quantity trying to predict demand, and maximize profit.

I'm looking for another BTR. It was a dumb move to sell it in the first place.

Does anyone own the white version by chance?

I've never seen pictures of the rep (besides the dealers' ones).

Gen:

2nte4qp.jpg

Yes, the genuine BTR is a great watch for a great price. I got mine at a Movado Co store for $2,200 on bracelet. They have that sale particular twice a year, I believe. Usually right after Christmas, and again some time mid-year. Another option is GemmNation. They're not an authorized dealer, but they frequently mark the BTRs down to about the same price, and sometimes a bit less.

The gen Discovery should be in the same price range as the B&M Riveras ($1,200 - $1,400 or so), but keep in mind that those models use standard 7750 movements, whereas the BTR uses a very nice Lemania-based movement that is exclusive to Ebel and the Breguet Type XX.

Good luck Krister, i hope you get your black 1911. Its a great watch!

Thank you! I hope so too, but I haven´t received a confirmation from Nikki or anyone else from PureTimeWatch for that matter... I have e-mailed Nikki twice and sent a feedback e-mail yesterday. Nothing back. Any tips as to what I should do? I have already payed for the Panda version, so they have my money...