When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest BK DSSD insert + original ETz V5 = it's fixed!

Jkay

My precious original Eurotimez Swiss DSSD with Ziggy service and lume got it's bezel insert smacked on a metal wall a few months ago and I was just sick. The carnage!!

When a member here advertised a current generation BK (noob) insert for sale, I took a chance and jumped all over it.

To my dismay, the new insert's OD was too large by several atoms and it did not fit ... until THREE HOURS of sanding brought the size down enough that I could heat the bezel to expand it and then slip in the insert, and as the bezel cooled a very tight friction fit was created .. no glue.

To anyone who thinks the Chinese can't make a real ceramic insert, and these inserts are plastic .. 3 hours of sanding and a full sheet of ruined sandpaper would like to talk to you.

post-22602-0-67389700-1308533368.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really is my favorite piece, and almost 2 years old now.

The combination of the latest Noob insert with the classic fine-engraved OGEV/RLS and thin markers only makes this better.

Very nice. That Chinese ceramic is hard as [censored]. It is a nightmare to work with. I have a DSSD and the insert sits to high in the bezel. I have used several grades of sandpaper, emery cloth, industrial files and now I am using a diamond file all with little luck so far. This has turned into a nightmare project.

Very nice. That Chinese ceramic is hard as [censored]. It is a nightmare to work with. I have a DSSD and the insert sits to high in the bezel. I have used several grades of sandpaper, emery cloth, industrial files and now I am using a diamond file all with little luck so far. This has turned into a nightmare project.

Remove the bezel and turn it on a lathe to make it a fraction of a mm deeper for the insert.