When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Sound Of A Thrashing Rotor...

Usil

There have been a few questions about the sounds coming from your watches and if it was normal or not. Here is the sound from my IWC Big Pilot Watch. It has the loudest rotor sound by far than any other watch I own. Kind of comforting. (Pugwash, how would you describe this sound?)

Thrashing rotor sound

Anybody else got a watch that is louder?

Usil

Edited by Usil

Lovely!

I'm wearing a Breitling Navatimer that whirls just like this, but at a somewhat higher pitch, although also somewhat quieter. I love to keep it going in the morning by holding it face up parallel to the ground and rotating my wrist to try and keep the rotor spinning. I hope this doesn't constitute watch abuse.

I'm wearing a Breitling Navatimer that whirls just like this, but at a somewhat higher pitch, although also somewhat quieter. I love to keep it going in the morning by holding it face up parallel to the ground and rotating my wrist to try and keep the rotor spinning. I hope this doesn't constitute watch abuse.

Certainly not watch abuse...but it's not doing you any good either. That rotor freespins in one direction, but only winds the watch in the other direction.

I'm glad somebody is having fun with this post.

By the way, it was a rep and not a gen. I hope gens don't sound that bad. But like I said, it is kind of comforting. I keep it doped up on aspirin once a day to keep it's heart going. Don't want it to have a heart attack.

Usil