When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need 3717 Mods

mikekendal

Yes, I am absolutely brand new at this hobby. I have a 3717 on the way from Replicamake and would like to have the ETA DDW swap, double AR and markers lumed. In trolling the forum Chief is too busy and K2222 isn't taking new PM's, any suggestions on who I can contact for mods. I'm in the middle of USA. Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

@ Lobster,

Are you an alias for Nik, or are you just shilling for him?

M,

A Taka crystal is going to be much cheaper than an IWC saphire.

He has them ready to purchase, so you don't need to send and wait for yours to be done.

You can sell the rep crystal on this forum.

Ditto tomhorn about VAC.

And since you are not going to do a movement sway, I would suggest that you send your hands, too.

The lume will be consistent ... very nice touch.

I think Vac may do the DDW, too.

If not, there are some other guys who are more than capable.

If you decide to go with IWC parts, and since you are "in the middle of USA", PM me.

You will not have to worry about Customs issues.

Keep us posted on your project,

Mike

Is anyone able to answer the question about the AR strength and scratch resistance on these different types of crystals?

My pic above is of the Taka crystal. The first pic was shot with a very bright spotlight directly over the watch and no filter. The AR is excellent and matches the gen AR pretty well.

Have had no scratching issues, but then again I am not all that tough on my watches.

Is anyone able to answer the question about the AR strength and scratch resistance on these different types of crystals?

My pic above is of the Taka crystal. The first pic was shot with a very bright spotlight directly over the watch and no filter. The AR is excellent and matches the gen AR pretty well.

Have had no scratching issues, but then again I am not all that tough on my watches.

????!

Look on Francisco's sub-forum. He did a review on a couple of AR treatments, and he recommended someone in the EU, besides 2Geeks, and Chief. If it's not on this forum, it will be on one of the others.

If someone wants to send me crystals to review, I have the rep and IWC.

Mike

????!

Look on Francisco's sub-forum. He did a review on a couple of AR treatments, and he recommended someone in the EU, besides 2Geeks, and Chief. If it's not on this forum, it will be on one of the others.

If someone wants to send me crystals to review, I have the rep and IWC.

Mike

Yes, i reviewed fine_dd AR treatmet. it is very scratch resistant... although the reflection is neutral or a bit yellow... but this is nice for some watches.

threads are here:

Regards,

Francisco

Francisco,

Thanks! Speaking for myself, I appreciate your experience and the knowledge you share.

Systematic testing with good controls and objective results.

This is another fine example of the work we benefit from.

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks for all the great replies. I will PM Vac for lume, and DDW install. Checked 2geeks for Taka crystal and they are sold out for 3717. I will do a little digging to try to find Fine dd as an option based on Francisco's excellent review. I sourced my DDW from watchpart.co.uk cost of $33.76 including shipping to US.

You guys are the best :clapping: !! Thanks for helping me get started in this hobby. I was actually afraid no one would respond to my 1st post. I appreciate the help.

• 5 months later...

Great thread, I'm new to rep watch game and have been admiring the IWC 3717. About to pull the trigger and purchase one through watch international 'Mary', and do the mods as mentioned in this thread. However, where/who on the forum can service the watch?

Can I ask, where can I source the IWC leather strap with deployment buckle, is this a gen part only?

Thanks