When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Group Buy, El Closes The Gap.....!

Richard Tracy

MAN... yeesh... doorbell just rang a few minutes ago and postwoman was there with a nice EMS package for me... was all excited hoping to find my IWC inside from EL... no luck.

Just a Tag Link Chrono (blue) from Josh... man... beautiful watch.. talk about unexpected suprise... under a week on this Tag... still awaiting my EL watch... never got a tracking number, but I have faith.

Was she hot? :wub:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you wireless and fitmic for pointing it out. should we wait for more people to get their watches and see if the situation repeated before we complain to eddie? or should i send me a pm now? did anyone else got their watches, please make comments.

don't forget mine package had the manual booklet and warranty card missing.

What should i do?

thank you wireless and fitmic for pointing it out. should we wait for more people to get their watches and see if the situation repeated before we complain to eddie? or should i send me a pm now? did anyone else got their watches, please make comments.

don't forget mine package had the manual booklet and warranty card missing.

What should i do?

That's what could happen when a dealer is drop shipping.

I think you should contact EL at once.

That's what could happen when a dealer is drop shipping.

I think you should contact EL at once.

Of course you should contact him. It was clearly specified in the conditions of the group buy that each watch would be hand inspected to avoid this. This is a major issue IMHO. Contact your dealer and also Richard Tracy and keep us posted on the situ.

Cheers

Just another observation, the small numbering on the outer dial does not align with the stick markers. 60 is right above 2 of "12", all the rest are not centered. Mine (not from this group buy) does not have this problem. I also notice that there is another flaw with this model. The dial is slightly tilted anti-clockwise by a degree or two. Somehow visually it never look properly centered... Oh well... Reps are like that... silly annoyance...

Of course you should contact him. It was clearly specified in the conditions of the group buy that each watch would be hand inspected to avoid this. This is a major issue IMHO. Contact your dealer and also Richard Tracy and keep us posted on the situ.

Cheers

Evidently, EL's shipper let one slip through, however, not to worry, he will

take care of it, and nothing lost, but a bit of time.

For everyone that orders from EL, know that from his locale in Canada, he

cannot have them shipped to him, then have them reshipped out,.. not feasible

from a customs, or financial standpoint.

He does however have a great relationship with his supplier, and did request

that every watch be checked, before delivery....but let's face it,

impossible to make sure every person along the line, is in line.

Let us also understand that our 1/3rd off price, does not diminish our right to

post delievery customer service, though does not also, give us the right to

act in a more impatient manner when problems do occur.... :whistling:

Let's keep our perspective...which will keep these group buys available

when we need them.

Bottom line however is that all will be corrected.. ^_^

Evidently, EL's shipper let one slip through, however, not to worry, he will

take care of it, and nothing lost, but a bit of time.

For everyone that orders from EL, know that from his locale in Canada, he

cannot have them shipped to him, then have them reshipped out,.. not feasible

from a customs, or financial standpoint.

Trigger has been pulled already but want to make sure all the same, this agreement was made with Jay as well correct... would hate to find out otherwise...

And as for rangers post, it may not be on topic per se, but I think with 50 IWCs about to find new homes it does serve a valid cause...

Edited by Devedander

Trigger has been pulled already but want to make sure all the same, this agreement was made with Jay as well correct... would hate to find out otherwise...

I think some are losing perspective.

My request was made to both EL and Jay,..beyond my recommendations, that we simply

take advantage of what every member here, has access to, Great Post Delivery Customer Service,

as I realized from the start that our buying power gives us advantage in discounts,...

not in service beyond what is currently available to those paying full price.

If you encounter a problem, then have it taken care of, as always, in private, until

such time when public exposure demands it.

The RWG curtesy to our dealers should be no less within group buys.

I feel however that it should extend further... -_-

And as for rangers post, it may not be on topic per se, but I think with 50 IWCs about to find new homes it does serve a valid cause...

I agree,.. however I repeat, my group buys threads are conversations about price....not

flaws or accuracy...

Anyone is free to join in any one of many threads or start one of your own for the other...

then once decided, join or not join a group buy.

I reserve the right,.. as someone who is spending tons of his free time, arranging huge

member savings and also board donations to keep my threads on track.

I would also appreciate that if you have any doubts of my word,... :huh: that you pm me so I can

tell you how I feel about that, without upsetting the positive nature of this board... :whistling:

I think some are losing perspective.

My request was made to both EL and Jay,..beyond my recommendations, that we simply

take advantage of what every member here, has access to, Great Post Delivery Customer Service,

as I realized from the start that our buying power gives us advantage in discounts,...

not in service beyond what is currently available to those paying full price.

If you encounter a problem, then have it taken care of, as always, in private, until

such time when public exposure demands it.

The RWG curtesy to our dealers should be no less within group buys.

I feel however that it should extend further... -_-

Hey RT,

First, let me thank you again for all the work you did in arranging this for us.

That being said, I don't think any concerns raised to this point are above and beyond what one should expect if working one on one with a dealer, at full price.....

I also don't feel these concerns have been addressed in a discurtious manner....

Buying reps is a bit of a gamble, but we try and hedge our bets by requesting dealers to look out for known issues before sending our watches. that being said, I can barely see the chip on nguyendd's watch...and its blown up 500%....so this would be a non-issue for me....the off setting of the dial markers would be more upsetting to me though...

All in all, I look forward to receiving this watch, and hopefully all will be well!

Actually there are more than the chip pain that is wrong with my watch. like rangers158 said:

"Just another observation, the small numbering on the outer dial does not align with the stick markers. 60 is right above 2 of "12", all the rest are not centered. Mine (not from this group buy) does not have this problem. I also notice that there is another flaw with this model. The dial is slightly tilted anti-clockwise by a degree or two. Somehow visually it never look properly centered... Oh well... Reps are like that... silly annoyance..." that i totally agreed with.

Eddie told me that he has no more iwc ing left but he could send me the replacement dial. I have not done anything on watch except resize bracelet and i have no tool at all. so the only choice for me is to return to Eddie for a refund. How easy is this to replace the dial? would new dial fix the off-center/alignment issue mentioned by rangers158 above? i need some advice folks.

Here are the side by side comparions between mine,trustrytime's and perfect-clones's

post-806-1162577319_thumb.jpgpost-806-1162577225_thumb.jpgpost-806-1162577205_thumb.jpg

Hey RT,

First, let me thank you again for all the work you did in arranging this for us.

That being said, I don't think any concerns raised to this point are above and beyond what one should expect if working one on one with a dealer, at full price.....

I also don't feel these concerns have been addressed in a discurtious manner....

Buying reps is a bit of a gamble, but we try and hedge our bets by requesting dealers to look out for known issues before sending our watches. that being said, I can barely see the chip on nguyendd's watch...and its blown up 500%....so this would be a non-issue for me....the off setting of the dial markers would be more upsetting to me though...

All in all, I look forward to receiving this watch, and hopefully all will be well!

Hi Neb...

I think my point was not made clear.

In normal, full price purchases, a dealer either drop ships or not...

if he does drop ship, he can only request from his shipper that watches be double checked.

Which EL did do... however impossible to guarantee.

Jay's case is different,.. he lives in China, so can take that extra step,.. however it is a step

beyond what he normally takes and does cost extra shipping and time... which is beyond

the norm, for much less of profit, and even there, may not see what someone with a

magnifying glass and unrealistic expectations.

I did make the request from both EL and Jay and both agreed...however I think we must

understand the playing field and make adjustments accordingly.

What makes me angry is this post...

What I read there is ... 'You had better be telling the truth.. or else..."

Can you see it any other way, and understand how frustrating that would be when

you yourself have received zero personal gain from all the work ?

These are the same replicas that we all purchase with the same inherent flaws

and QC problems that we all encounter from time to time, and will remain so

as long as humans are involved.

Lastly, I need this to be clear.... my expertise is arranging deals... after that,

I share no responsibility for the accuracy or flaws in the watch.. as I share none

of the profit,.. so when someone posts...."Contact EL and Richard Tracy.."

I say,... again.. please keep it in perspective.. I don't request any thanks..

but also won't tolerate any blame for any decisions to purchase .. at a large

discount, no less....from any Adult here... :whistling:

Eddie told me that he has no more iwc ing left but he could send me the replacement dial. I have not done anything on watch except resize bracelet and i have no tool at all. so the only choice for me is to return to Eddie. what should i do?

Here are the side by side comparions between mine,trustrytime's and perfect-clones's

post-806-1162577319_thumb.jpgpost-806-1162577225_thumb.jpgpost-806-1162577205_thumb.jpg

Return the Watch...

As for comparisons to any photo taken for it's perfection, that does no good.

Bad QC, It's a part of the business for any larger dealer... or those with aspirations

of becoming one, which Josh is now becomming, as did Trusty.

The advantage of going to them is lower price,.. the disadvantage is what you now own..

a bad Quality Control piece...

{Though there are those who charge more, that still retain poor QC..}

Just know this, and return the watch when necessary, while learning which dealers

strike the best balance...

I can't respond in full right now, but there is a missunderstanding RT...

I was not doubting what you said, but only what I understood you saying.

A recent thread in Dealer review with TTK involved reminded me how important it is to double check that what you THINK you should be expecting with what you SHOULD be expecting.

I asking only because I don't directly recall the post where it was clearly stated that Jay would check dials and, as little difference as it makes now, I was just curious to find out if I had missread something into the deal.

I want a hand inspected Ingy with no dial problems, and that's what I am expecting. But if somewhere along the way the rules changed and that's not what I paid for or what I should be expecting then I want to make sure I know before I make an ass of myself demanding something from a dealer that I don't have a right to demand.

No offense intended RT, sorry for the missunderstanding.

Similarly while it is legitimate to say that the level of QC a delaer provides is something that really can only be determined by trial and error, it doesn't really apply to a situation where a specific issue is addressed pre purchase. It holds true logically that if a dealer drop ships normally it's not fair to expect him to change his policies just because it's a group buy, it also holds true that if you say you will inspect each piece, knowing that your procedure prevents you from doing so, it's not the buyers fault if he expects you to.

As for the non GB post, I didn't meant to intrude on your control of your post, but it's one thing to thread jack when one person has a few hundred on the line, I feel it was more excuseable when 50 people each have $200 on the line... I can only assume someone involved in the GB would eventually have noticed the numbers but it might be beneficial to have this noted early on for all involved.

As for how I treat the dealers etc as part of a GB I agree, we should not hold them to any higher standard than normal, but at the same time I don't think they should get cut any more slack than normal. No one forced me to buy this watch, no one forced them to accept the GB requests.

And this does in some way mirror the post in Dealer review I was speaking of earlier becuase of the whole "EL is in Canada so can't really hand inspect all the watches" which is all good and fine if you know that he is in Canada and put two and two together... but the original GB was dealer hand inspected watches... if EL can't hand inspect them, I can understand why... but to be fair that wasn't really made clear when the change occured.

I am not trying to step on toes or [censored] anyone off... I do truly appreciate the value this community brings to it's members (and whether you want praise or not RT I think you desserve it as well as our dealers for stepping up to provide the forum with a great opportunity) but much like I think you are saying... keep it all fair and level... everyone who was in, pay up and hold up your end of the deal, don't leave our dealers hanging. Dealers, you agreed to something (and I am not accusing anyone dealers of trying to screw anyone here as the only instance I am seeing of anything going wrong looks like it's being remedied as best it can) and please don't take offense if we insist on what was agreed upon.

I think a group buy should benefit everyone involved... dealers make bulk sales (so still make $$$) open up new avenues to customers (assuming this goes well Jay and Angel will have a returning customer in me) and we get a good deal on something. But no one should get it both ways (ie no saying "you don't get as high service because you paid less" and no saying "we are a group buy we want to flex our muscle and get more from dealers than we desserve).

I understand fully the issues of people demanding too much... I have a friend who regularly borrows money from me, then when he pays me back acts like he is doing me a big favor. Last time (and it's going to be the last time) he paid me back he then asked me to buy him lunch, I said no and he said "Dude!!! I just gave you $300 and you won't buy me lunch?" even though that was the $300 he borrowed from me. I hope no one thinks I am trying to be like that, just trying to be careful, detailed and complete.

Obviously I did manage to reply competely after all :)

I hope that's not unreasonable or rude to anyone... just how I (and admittedly I am new to the game) see it.

Edited by Devedander