When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Group Buy, El Closes The Gap.....!

Richard Tracy

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine comes with a box set and like the others while the watch tool is included there were no papers. The quality of the box and particularly the printed lettering on the inner cover of the box can be better I suppose...it's blurred! I wonder if EL will send the missing papers? Has EL responded to some of you guys about the missing papers?

To reply directly to those two words.... I also had this problem... I belive that many others also had this issue... EL asked for my shipping address in the second or third round of PM/emails... (can't rightly recall...a bit drunk atm)...

But I must say the overall quality of the Ingy I recieved MORE than makes up for the lack of papers... I'm thrilled with this watch... if I don't get any papers from EL I won't be [censored]... the watch is spectacular... Yes, I paid for a box SET and would expect papers, but I'm not gonna [censored] considering the watch I got... fix the date-wheel font problem and I've got a 99.9999% accurate rep.

Oh, and my vote for the next GB.... IWC GST Titanium braclet.... that watch makes my pants fit all funny.

Straps update:

I was talking with Mac@BOB and he could supply us the nylon strap like AMG-original but cost depends of quantity ordered (he needs to make a special tool to make the strap). Prices starts at 20EUR (for 50 straps) to 70EUR for 20, more or less. Production time is about 12 weeks.

We must find buckles too, but I think the Portuguese buckle is the same, anyone could confirm that?

What do you think guys?

Just receive 2 packages from Jay. Mine was open and watch is perfect, no issues found, dial, hands and bracelet perfects.

The other watch will be forwarded to shultz tomorrow.

Hi Toni,

thanks again for your support. You can't imagine how happy I am :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am looking forward to receiving my new Inge-baby :Jumpy:

Keep in touch

@fitmic

Sorry to hearing that. I was at the same list.... Let's cross our fingers...

Edited by shultz

I don't want to bad mouth any dealer, but I just recieved my Ingenieur today, it's the worst chipped dial ever. Can't take pics though. Dealer has been notified, so I'm not worried at all!

@fitmic,

would like to know what is your course of action to resolve the issue. Mine was not just the pain chip but also aligment on all of the marker with respect to their numbers. I told Eddie to send me a replecement dial but i begins to regret that dicision because i don't know how to replace it.

@shultz,

i am too so count me in. If your are with Eddie like me we are out of luck as he told me he has no replacement. But Jay seems to have unlimited supply of it, why?

Good luck and take care

I just received my Ing and it is 100% perfect, with no chips and the bezel properly aligned. This one seriously impressive watch. The only drawback s the need for an extra link but one of the members has stepped up to help out. That's what his community is all about. Thanks RT for organising the Group Buy.

By sheer coincidence I met a friend who is also a watch nut with a large collection of gens, including 8 or 9 Rollies (Daytona etc) and a gold Portuguese moonphase chrono. He was wearing his new AMG and his only comment was that he was torn between the SS because of its impressive weight and the look of the Ti AMG. He said 'Take good care of it because maybe we'll swop when we get tired of wearing hem'.

*BTW I'm in for a strap too.

@ PAMManGood to hear... were you on Jay or ELs list? Also 9 Rolex's? That's a pretty pricey collection... at the low end that's about $30k...

Swap IWCs? I assume he means temporarily... but thats hot

@nyuendd It's entirely likely that Jay and EL order from different sources or that EL only had pull to get 25 at this price or something...

I don't want to bad mouth any dealer, but I just recieved my Ingenieur today, it's the worst chipped dial ever. Can't take pics though. Dealer has been notified, so I'm not worried at all!

Hi, Sorry to hear that,... if you ordered from Jay however you will receive the full

watch replacement, vs just the dial.

Keep us posted on the status.... -_-

As I told you during the last GB, I'd be in for a nice ETA 177H. For 50+ people, you think they could rep one with the fixed canon pin?

Personally prefer the 176H, as I already have a 036 which is similar enough.