When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Group Buy, El Closes The Gap.....!

Richard Tracy

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry:

Got my Ingy today - face is perfect!

Bezel, however, has deep scratches over about 25 % of the surface which are too deep to buff out. Also, the clasp is non-functional. I think I got the worst one to date.

I notified the dealer, so I hope this can be fixed.

Bad news. Very sorry to hear that. When you say the clasp is non-functional, exactly what do you mean? Does it not hold? You might check the alignment of the extensions. With mine it was a simple process of bending one slightly so that the two pieces aligned properly and since then the clasp holds perfectly.

Good luck in getting everything sorted out.

:angry:

Got my Ingy today - face is perfect!

Bezel, however, has deep scratches over about 25 % of the surface which are too deep to buff out. Also, the clasp is non-functional. I think I got the worst one to date.

I notified the dealer, so I hope this can be fixed.

Deep scratches ?? Who did you end up ordering from ?

Got my Ing from El today. Everything looks good, no problems. I Should have left out the box set though, not the greatest quality and who needs it.

Did you get manual booklet and card with your box set?

Did anyone get their box set with booket and card?

Finally picked up my watch at the postoffice from EL.

Beautiful watch....no dial chips....slightly misaligned dial (less than 1mm), weak lume, small dust speck on the dial....clasp seems to be working fine.

thanks EL and Richard! :)

Nice report,.... Looks like EL is gaining ground... :D

The alignment problem can be taken care of when you remove the dust particle,

then you will have a perfect example....Good for You !

I am giddy with anticipation... my package arrived at SF customs this morning at 11:50... unfortunately it seems to still be there... my last order (from Angus) of 1 watch cleared customs in just under 1 hour much later in the day...

Trying to think happy thoughts so as not to jinx anything!

I received my EL ingy. Bezel off by 1 - 2 mm, slight smudge on the min hand, but no chipped paint. Data font is to be expected to be off (any fix for this?) Overall, very happy with this.

Thanks EL!

At the same time, can someone point me to a tutorial (preferably with pictures) that explains how I can remove the case back and then realign the bezel.

RT - looking forward to the next group buy!!! :group:

Package arrived today!!!! :Jumpy:

COD $74!!! :o

I knew something felt bad when it took almost 2 days sitting in customs.

I refused it and emailed silix to see what I should do... this sucks... remember on Christmas getting that toy you really wanted only to find out you have no batteries and the store are all closed today? :(

Edited by Devedander

That dialogue is just hilarious!!! Comedy at its best....thanks guys ;D

"this sucks... remember on Christmas getting that toy you really wanted only to find out you have no batteries and the store are all closed today?

dildo?

santa?"

To come back to the subject I will take delivery any moment now since my ING from Jay is here but I wasn;t home to accept it and the idiotic postman didn't even leave me a note,,,,I checked the tracking on the web that's how I know...

Will update you on the dial and band status as soon as I have it in my hands..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Have you checked Josh' new AMG..?

164052-11621.jpg

Datefont seems a bit bolder - experts out there could tell if it's more realistic -

If only the caseback would be correct I'd say I'll chip in US$ 250

Any thougths.?

Sorry I dont want to sound negative but on the picture the lenght of the arms are not correct. The hour arm is to short. At a gen the hour arm goes just to the inside of the numbers and the minute arm reaches the out side of the numbers. See for example this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IWC-Ingenieur-Auto...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry I dont want to sound negative but on the picture the lenght of the arms are not correct. The hour arm is to short. At a gen the hour arm goes just to the inside of the numbers and the minute arm reaches the out side of the numbers. See for example this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IWC-Ingenieur-Auto...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty much the same with the length of the arms at the GB Ingy. Too short!

No one will notice that the hands are too short on the AMG Inge - they'll be too busy wondering why the watch is made out of the wrong material. The AMG gen only comes in titanium...

nguyendd: I think you're out of luck when it comes to the replacement dial. I have a bad one (not from GB) and can't get a replacement either. If you find someone that will source it, please let me know...

Received my IWC from EL 3 weeks or so ago and it's a great looking watch...solid and kinda grows on you! The box however is poor in quality and mine does not come with card or papers. EL said that it does not include papers but should include the card. He said he'll send it to me but I am still waiting for it.

Mine is somewhere over the Pacific right now... went back to Jay recently due to dial problems and he says my replacement is being checked and will be sent soon... crossing my fingers on all going smoothly!

Sadly I still have 0 wrist time with an ingy... hopefully makes it all the better when the time comes!

Edited by Devedander