When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Group Buy, El Closes The Gap.....!

Richard Tracy

yeah, i agree. I could proboly live with the chip. the chip on yours is not nearly as bad as some others that have been posted.....but the misalligned markers are just plain messed up!

....as I said before, If I was you, i would get a new dial from Eddie and just swap the bad one out....

I'll second that! It should be replaced, it's just HORRIBLE! I am still waiting for mine from EL. Got the tracking number, it was sent 30th October but there is a slight delay with delivery here in Malaysia. I shall pray mine would be OK without defects like that. :o:o:yuk:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs an extra link, I will send it out free of charge.

Did I mention that this watch DOES have AR coating. Not heavy, but noticeable. I can't wait to walk into Tourneau or another jeweler in Chicago on Sunday. I'll be treated like a king. No one could tell that this watch is a rep unless they had a gen side by side to compare the date font. Incredible.

I will take it!

I have a member sending me 1 1/2 links for this, but I always seem to need 2 extra..

please and thanx..

Here's a pic of my new Ingy Thingy. I think it has a great wrist presence. Much better than either the 45mm or 42.5mm PO. Those long lugs paired with a 22mm lug width make it look silly. This thing is incredible. Date font fix and it' is PERFECT. What do you guys think. Garden and sunshine (thanks EL) pics will come tomorrow.

I pray :) mine will be like yours Estaban!

Hey RT,

First, let me thank you again for all the work you did in arranging this for us.

That being said, I don't think any concerns raised to this point are above and beyond what one should expect if working one on one with a dealer, at full price.....

I also don't feel these concerns have been addressed in a discurtious manner....

Buying reps is a bit of a gamble, but we try and hedge our bets by requesting dealers to look out for known issues before sending our watches. that being said, I can barely see the chip on nguyendd's watch...and its blown up 500%....so this would be a non-issue for me....the off setting of the dial markers would be more upsetting to me though...

All in all, I look forward to receiving this watch, and hopefully all will be well!

I'll second that! Whatever the outcome, RT has done a great job! Both Jay and EL are trusted dealers in RWG and they will sort out genuine grouses or significant defects.

RT, First I want to add to thanks others have expressed for your time [OK, lots and lots of time] and efforts on our behalf. My humble suggestion is that you and everyone else knows what your contribution has been and what your limits of control are, so let any seeming ignorance of that distinction slide off your back. If someone wanted to think that you have true control of flaws, then that is their problem. You have been a facilitator, and a superb one at that. Everyone involved in this group purchase, or almost everyone, knows it. Any comments to the contrary should be like water off a duck. Thank you again for your help.

Esteban, your pics and description have whetted my appetite. Congrats, and I can't wait to receive mine.

Has anyone received tracking info, particularly from Jay?

Nyugenndd, If it only costs $20-40 to have a jeweler replace the dial, I'd suck it up and have it done. It would still come out as a great rep at a great price. Perhaps Eddie will give you a discount on your next purchase to offset the additional cost?

Everyone else..... we are so incredibly lucky to even have this group buy opportunity. Read The Zigmeister's latest marekt evaluation message in the General discussion section to understand what I am talking about. Damn, the only things I'm [censored] about is that I don't have more money to spend on the fantastic recent reps [and wouldn't my wife choke to read those words!!], and more wrists or wrist time to wear the beautiful watches that we have.

Oh dear, the tracking of my IWC states non delivery 1st attempt ude to "importation restriction" dated 4th Nov!!!???? What does that mean? They will send the watch back? Confiscate? Any idea guys? Thks....am worried. :unsure::unsure::unsure::mellow:

Where are you located? Someone in your country may have to decipher your chances here.

But no, I wouldn't like the sound of that either. And what the heck is a "non delivery 1st attempt?" Sounds a bit like a contradiction in terms, doesn't it?

Where are you located? Someone in your country may have to decipher your chances here.

But no, I wouldn't like the sound of that either. And what the heck is a "non delivery 1st attempt?" Sounds a bit like a contradiction in terms, doesn't it?

I reside in Malaysia and previous such deliveries have gone through without problems. Watches are tax free here! I don't know who is the EMS Taiwan's agent here.

Did I mention I can't stop looking at this watch??? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

One last comment--The watch has no lume. I think The Zigmeister will be getting a package. Now would someone start working on the date wheel :D

Thanks for the comments about my watch. Hope eveyone achieves satisfaction on their purchase. I'm sure EL and Jay will make everything right.

RT, First I want to add to thanks others have expressed for your time [OK, lots and lots of time] and efforts on our behalf. My humble suggestion is that you and everyone else knows what your contribution has been and what your limits of control are, so let any seeming ignorance of that distinction slide off your back. If someone wanted to think that you have true control of flaws, then that is their problem. You have been a facilitator, and a superb one at that. Everyone involved in this group purchase, or almost everyone, knows it. Any comments to the contrary should be like water off a duck. Thank you again for your help.

Esteban, your pics and description have whetted my appetite. Congrats, and I can't wait to receive mine.

Has anyone received tracking info, particularly from Jay?

Nyugenndd, If it only costs $20-40 to have a jeweler replace the dial, I'd suck it up and have it done. It would still come out as a great rep at a great price. Perhaps Eddie will give you a discount on your next purchase to offset the additional cost?

Everyone else..... we are so incredibly lucky to even have this group buy opportunity. Read The Zigmeister's latest marekt evaluation message in the General discussion section to understand what I am talking about. Damn, the only things I'm [censored] about is that I don't have more money to spend on the fantastic recent reps [and wouldn't my wife choke to read those words!!], and more wrists or wrist time to wear the beautiful watches that we have.

Jkerouac, well thanks for placing into words what I was unable to.... the trees were too close

for me to see ! ^_^

Now however, that I have had some time away, wish to apologize for losing my patience, when I

was the one who allowed new people into the buy.

I also would like these imperfection issues to be sorted out, simply because the issue was

addressed before hand by us to the dealers, and agreed by them that it would be done.

However I also see that Jkerouac's idea is fair, though a delay and a loss of some of

the savings, yet still a fair price.

Weather EL would rather make it up in a future buy, or some other method I hope so,.

as it was his choice to bid and accept the offer by us, with the condition of the face check.

However.. again.. if it happens to me, I won't take the dealer to the bank, but would rather

see my discount as slightly dimished, yet, my relationship with the dealer as solid for future

buys and for the board in general,.. however that is just me, and I will not, or do not take

any negative view of anyone who sees it differently.

Whatever the dealer decides, or what you yourself decide, will determine in part your own

futures....

I have no control over that,...however wish for the best outcome for all, and will in future

select the dealers upon how they keep their promises, and participants how they handle

what we all are faced with from time to time,... adversity... ;)

I don't know whether you guy agree for the case of my watch and i think watchlover321 case too, there was no quality control at all otherwise they would not have shipped the watch like that. To make matter worst, is that there is no spare for replacement. I doesn't look like it is a easy fix, i don't have the skill and the tools. There is no watchmaker around my area that i know of, who is willing to do works on rep.

I like it but i don't have a choice. I am waiting for Eddie to reply to me on the refund.

I think what RT is triying to sy is: in a Group Buy, the issue is to buy it in big numbers, so you can have a better price. Just this. Other things, like QC problems, customs, etc, must go to their respective forums: dealer reviews, watch reviews, tech problems.

RT has no responsability of QC problems, box papers not sent, etc. That is a dealer problem and not a Group Buy problem.

It is my first GB watch, I did not recieved yet (I am in the Jay group), but I am really happy that I am in: first I will contact a new dealer for me (Jay) (at the moment comunication perfect), and I have save more or less 100$.

Ah.... for everyone: if you would have buy this watch out the GB, you would have the same problems in your watch, not more, not less. And for 100 bucks more!!!!

RT THANK YOU. I would not have so many patience!!!

I think what RT is triying to sy is: in a Group Buy, the issue is to buy it in big numbers, so you can have a better price. Just this. Other things, like QC problems, customs, etc, must go to their respective forums: dealer reviews, watch reviews, tech problems.

RT has no responsability of QC problems, box papers not sent, etc. That is a dealer problem and not a Group Buy problem.

It is my first GB watch, I did not recieved yet (I am in the Jay group), but I am really happy that I am in: first I will contact a new dealer for me (Jay) (at the moment comunication perfect), and I have save more or less 100$.

Ah.... for everyone: if you would have buy this watch out the GB, you would have the same problems in your watch, not more, not less. And for 100 bucks more!!!!

RT THANK YOU. I would not have so many patience!!!

Thank You !! Glad some of you understand... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not sure what to make of these group buys ,

with regard to the bezel being rotated out of symetry , its a quick fix with a Jaxa type caseback opener

most of them come with the bezel out to a small degree .

I can tell you that you guys who are waiting on your watches, you are in for a treat , I've had mine for 4 weeks now and it is , I beleive , the best and most accurate rep you can buy at the moment.

the main issues are the date font and the caseback is a little sharp around the slots that you insert the caseback opener into , its an easy fix with a dremel but only if your realy 'anal' ( I didnt bother ).

ENJOY :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Got mine from EL on Saturday... been a bit busy so unable to post here.... the dial is perfect, no chips and alignment is perfect.... As mentioned by other members, the braclet is larger than 7.5 inches, it fits me like a glove...The crystal is set flat and even... a first for reps for me... I've had to reset all my other watches crystals... except my Tag link chrono... i'm afraid to crack the back on that one less the 7750 goes [censored] up.

My watch was of the box-set variety... so the QC of the boxsets isn't all for naught.... mine watch is just shy of perfect... a bit of polishing compound left on the crown that needed to be cleaned off (wifes toothbrush and a bit of warm water and it cleaned up nicely) :whistling: ... and the datewheel is off as far as font (knew of this one flaw prior to ordering, so no complaints on that)... but it centers perfectly. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This watch hasn't been off my wrist since Saturday... My other watches are getting jealous.

On a slightly sad note though... my boxset also didn't include the papers/cards... only watch and tools... PM to EL to see whats up with that... Not too much of a big deal in my mind though... this watch is just too damn sweet... may actually trump the VC Overseas as my favorite watch.

Sounds great! And the date font was a known issue going in (I believe there is no Ingeniur with the correct font besides gen) so it sounds like you got as close to perfect as could be expected...

I am seriously starting to suffer from the waiting... Jay just picked up my money today from WU so I am crossing my fingers my stuff makes it this week... :)

I decided to add 4 more watches to my order with Jay so mine is going to be delayed another day probably... :(

On the upside it's gonna be a huge package of watches for me in about a week! :Jumpy:

I know 50 pics of ingys is gonna be kind of repetitive but for those who get em I would love to keep seing pics... will keep me from gnawing through my arm while I wait for my watches :bangin:

BTW why is it that the most "Similar Topic" for this is always "Hot Married Woman Looking For Group Sex!" ? Was there some bonus I missed out on?

Edited by Devedander

Well i have decided that i am going keep the watch despite the flaws since eddie will not be able to get anymore of this watch and it is such a nice watch i don't want to give it up. So i asked eddie to send me a replacement dial.

So I am looking for help as how to replace the dial. Please someone out there know how to this let me know and thank you in advance

Well i have decided that i am going keep the watch despite the flaws since eddie will not be able to get anymore of this watch and it is such a nice watch i don't want to give it up. So i asked eddie to send me a replacement dial.

So I am looking for help as how to replace the dial. Please someone out there know how to this let me know and thank you in advance

send watch and dial to Ziggy is my suggestion

Mine arrived from Jay today with chips on the dial from 30-45min mark. Also a little chip on the edge of the bezel hole at 12, bit disappointed but can probably live with it at the price.

I probably would not have noticed if I hadn't read this thread again!

My advice is not to look too close for the problem!

Mine arrived from Jay today with chips on the dial from 30-45min mark. Also a little chip on the edge of the bezel hole at 12, bit disappointed but can probably live with it at the price.

I probably would not have noticed if I hadn't read this thread again!

My advice is not to look too close for the problem!

Hmmm,.. seems that Jay is not looking as close as he could either...

How is the alignment ?

I beginning to wonder if these dealers are buying in bulk, sight unseen

and are forced to live with any flaw that is not mechanical related.

According to King, 30% of these watches have the chip flaw.... so

if I am right about the dealer's purchasing problem, we can expect

that percentage to turn up here.

I would say the best route is to take the perfect dials for replacement and allow

some of our modders here to do the work for a discount....

Anyone want to chime in ??