When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

KIngs YM with different ETAs

mrgreen

I'm desperate now for a Swiss powered Rolesium looking YM. I've seen a couple on Kings site but noitice that they have a couple of different ETA movements to pick form. ETA 2836-2 or ETA 2892...

Anyone know the difference between these, and which do you think I should go for please??

Both are workhorse movements. Not sure about the difference in mechanics, but I have a swiss ETA-2892 in my Rolesium and it runs like "clockwork".

I have 3 ETA-2836-2 watches.. and all of them run spectacularly. If the case and dial is the same.... i guess it doesn't really matter which one you get

Its not the look of the watch, its just the different movements I'm wondering about.

The watch (case) will also be different considering the stem-height is on the 2892 is higher vs the 2836.

Both movements are good, both approx same power reserve, beat frequeancy, hand sizes. The 92 is of later type design and is therefor better overall but not by much.

The 92 is of later type design and is therefor better overall but not by much.

I wouldn't agree with this statement--winding efficiency is slightly better on the 2824/36.

They're roughly equivalent. The reason why the 2892 is "perceived" to be a more premium movement is because it's thinner, and there was a time when thin watches were fashionable.

That said, we need pics/links of the watches you're looking at. IMO, there isn't an acceptable YM rep at the momement.

Both movements have also been cloned by the asians, so don't be surprised if you get a clone. George at WM9 used to use the 2892-2 clone in some of his watches 3-4 years ago (not the subs though). Might even be Seagull who cloned the 2892-2.

Thanks for your comments and advice guys. I didn't realise that they were of different thickness. I can see that would make a difference to the case as well. I'm going to have to look more closely in future!!!

I havent had any Reps for a few years now, but did buy a couple from PT about 5 years ago. Both had swiss movements and I enjoyed them very much. I must get back in to the collecting :)