When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Second hand fell off my WM9!

Jeffmtbr

I've had a WM9 Sub V2 for about two years. It's been everywhere with me, travelling, swimming, morning till night. I've even drop it on my ceramic floor and dinged the case.

It's just kept running, although it's scatch to S**t.

Yesterday morning I put it on and notice almost right of the bat that the second hand is floating around the dial! The watch is still running, so I hacked the movement.

I thought about sending it to Vaclume who is working on a ceramic sub for me right now, but I don't want to wait.

So I went to the only watchmaker in town and figured, he's either going to tell me to take a hike or fix my watch.

So I walk in there and tell the lady at the counter the whole deal, it's not a real Rolex, blah, blah,blah. She takes it back to the watchmaker in his little office to ask if he will fix it.

I look over at his work station and see that he's working on a two-tone sub, so I get a little nervous.

She come out from the back after about 5mins and says "easy fix"! He'll have it ready in less than a week.

So I inquire about having the watch serviced for future reference and again she dissapears. She comes back and said it's $125 for a full cleaning, but he(the watchmaker) says my WM9 looks to be running strong and a service is not needed now.

So seems like I've found a skilled watchmaker only 5mins from my door that will service replicas!

I was pumped, my wife didn't understand, but it made my day.

In the meantime my Fakey PO is my new bestfriend.

That's a 3-minute repair with a pair of tweezers...

My sister has dealt with him before. He's an old guy with old values.

Even if it is a quick job you don't jump in front of other people's repair jobs.

He's the only one around here. He has a backlog. It's weird too, I never got to talk to him, he sits in his back office and the girls at the counter relay everything to him.

Just like my watch going to vaclume, 4 weeks before he even looks at your watch.

If it's all scratched up, then ask if he does case re-finishing as well, and have him polish/brush that thing back to new condition.

I don't know, I kinda like all the scratches. To me it shows that a replica has been around a while and is still beating. To my friends it shows that a "cheap fake Rolex" can last more than a week.

Nothing wrong with a watch showing a bit of age, and good news about the watch smith

The only reason I mentioned it was from his cue that "it's scratched to shit" ... I assumed he was unhappy about that :pardon:

My white 1680 has seen JMB's "bucket of chips" so I have nothing against an aged watch.