When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reasonably priced servicing and modding in Canada?

watchguy51

I have some watches that need to be serviced...

- a rep old style VC Overseas that has hands that now collide at certain times (I think), then stop - A2892 mov't

- gen vintage Omega Seamaster that starts and stops - Omega 752 mov't

- NOS Cyma Autorotor that starts and stops - Cyma 480 mov't

I had a bad experience with watch servicing recently. I took the Cyma in... and it took months and months to get serviced, and I had already left the city. So I had to have a friend pick up the watch for me. Charged me $170 when I dropped it off, and it still has similar problems!! I'll post pics of the watch and the receipt tonight. I'm only a student, so that was a pretty bad burn financially for me. I don't want to take the watch back to that guy again. As I said, I'm in a different city right now. Also, I don't want him touching it.

So I need a GOOD and reasonably priced watchmaker who I can send these too. I'd prefer within Canada so that my watches don't have to go through customs. But if it's not possible here, I'd send away to the USA.

I also want some mods done to my Seiko Alpinist. I want a domed sapphire crystal installed (I'm prepared to order one), drilled lug holes (for 2mm springbars), and if it's possible (I'll need to do some research first), I want a movement transplant. Also, I'd want some dial work done. The dial text removed and my glossy applied markers turned matte.

Any ideas???

There is only one name for Canada and he is the best.if you have a watch problem and no o e else is good enough and if you can get contact with him then you need

The zigmeister

Have a search for ziggy, ziggyzumbar and then try to find some one to introduce you and you will have no more problems. But if you make an appointment then keep it.

What sort of work does he do?? Just basic modding? Or more extensive stuff, and movement servicing??

The Zig Man is a master watch smith. He can fabricate microscopic watch parts to creating Frankens to luming dials to servicing movements.

Everything.

He's considered the best in north america.

Ziggy works on reps as well as genuine watches. He did movement services on several of my vintage Doxa 300T's and has worked on many of my reps His vintage relumes are the best I have ever seen. :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: I wouldn't use anyone else!

I will say this, he is very busy, he schedules in watches, and he expects you to uphold your end, which means if you waste his time, and then don't send you watch when he tells you he has a slot available, you probably will not get a second chance!