When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to Lengthen a Folded Bracelet

thogaa

I got the latest 1655 from Josh earlier on - found out it didn't fit my wrist and sold it on for peanuts on this forum. :g:

A couple of days later I started to feel sad in the Explorer II sector of my brain and I ordered a new one exactly like the one I just sold. Stupid? You might say :rolleyes:

This time I made sure that it was fitted with two extra links - however I got the watch and TWO extra bracelets in the mail. :shock:

? is now if it can be "unwrapped" and put together again, who has the skills..?

I tried a local watch smith a jeweller and a couple of other places - they all say it can't be done :(

2243dbba.jpg

I've never been able to do it without leaving "distortions" on the center links. But, it is on the inside of the wrist where nobody is going to see them so it seems a fair trade to be able to wear it!

Just did this myself not too long ago for my 7032. However, the result is not perfect. You need to basically open up a link from the inside by bending it. Then do the same on the donor to get the number of links you need. Then insert and bend closed. This all sounds fine but the problem comes down to where the link bends. In my case it is visible (but only slightly) where the bend occurred on the outside of the link. Ideal case is to bend it open at the curve where it transitions from the front to the back but when I did mine I couldn't get it to bend there. Instead it was more on the front side hence the visiblity. Hope this helps some and your result is better than mine. Perhaps someone else can offer a better solution. Good luck!

I have the opposite problem as OP....many bracelets are too big for me, even with all removable links out.

That is why so far I've shy'd away from the folded link..even though I really like the classic look of them