When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it just me...

HauteHippie

The logo does kind of ruin it for me. If they'd just had flown under the radar a bit more with the logo display on the dial, it'd be better I agree.

That movement engraving is certainly off, but that's also a custom plate to display the "57 jewels" stamp I'm sure. I'm not sure why the DD 2021 would not be readily available to Invicta.

Hmm, but there is definitely some controversy:

http://www.bdwf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73826

(It seems they may have gotten the DD modules second hand, while inferring that they came from the source)

Invicta has come "full circle"!!...back to Swiss movements....Here's a 1950's model from my junk box:

IMG_6750-1.jpg

It has a 21j HW A.Schild non quickset date movement....Pretty, but only @ 34mm wide....

BTW....That D/D modular movement is GREAT .....until it needs a service...

My Omega Dynamic chrono has one, and most quotes I got were in the $400.+ range for a simple service and adjustment.....Apparently NOBODY opens up one of those modules!!

Most of these DD movements were purchased on the black market,hence the cheep price. Many of these movements failed because of the questionable origins. DD when contacted said they knew very little about Invicta and did not have any kind of relationship with the company. I would normally jump at the chance to have a DD/2892 combo at under $1000.00,but this company Is well known for there embellishing. I tell people If they need a beater they may want to try a Invicta,say for under $150.00. I can think of much nicer and well made watches when approaching the $1000.00 threshold. Imo Invictas are nothing more than a glorified rep. ;) I do agree with you Chief,not a bad looking watch. But all things considered,no thanks. :nea:

Agree, maxman, especially after reading some more about these DD modules of questionable origin. I also read about many of them having gear slop, and breaking down regularly.

Anyhow, these things are availble for as low as $750 in 98% condition, which under normal circumstances would be a bargain!

Agree, maxman, especially after reading some more about these DD modules of questionable origin. I also read about many of them having gear slop, and breaking down regularly.

Anyhow, these things are availble for as low as $750 in 98% condition, which under normal circumstances would be a bargain!

Indeed Cheif,almost worth removing the movement and disreguarding the watch :lol: But that "questionable origin" really sticks In my craw. :g: