When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 5 Rolex + Canon 7D = awesome !

Valty

Hello RWG :)

After buying, and buying, I finally took the time to take some HQ photos of my Rolies...

Here are some photos of my 5 high-end Rolex... Took relatively in poor conditions, but I think it's pretty good ! :)

The two v72 Daytona's are pretty new in my collection (received the both in 2 days... that's a record !) They are absolutely awesome :wub::Jumpy:

More photos to come soon... Enjoy the photos ! :drinks:

The watches are (from the left to the right) :

1. [Rep] Spinmater's Daytona 6263, 7760powered with Gen T21 crystal, crown, and tube -> for sale soon !
  2. [Gen] Rolex's Datejust 1601, circa 1967 with Gen jubilee bracelet, 62523 clasp and 555 endlinks -> for sale soon !
  3. [Rep] DW's Daytona 6265, Valjoux 72 powered with Gen T21 crystal, crown, tube, 73350 bracelet & 78350 clasp, Rep 571 endlinks -> received today !
  4. [Rep] BK's / WM9 Submariner 16610 V3 with Gen crystal, crown, tube, insert and click spring -> probably the best combo I have seen so far !
  5. [Rep] DW's Daytona 6263, Valjoux 72 powered with Gen T21 crystal, crown, tube, 78350 bracelet & 78350 clasp, 557 endlinks -> received yesterday !

Photos have been done with a Canon 7D. Not resized at all ! :bangin:

Don't forget to click on the photo to see it at it's max size...! 5k pixels of width, it's worth the trip :good:

------------------------------

First, testing a cheap camera lens :

IMG_3808.JPG

Hm... not so bad. Testing to render the steel to yellow gold :

IMG_3811.JPG

The result is pretty strange :)

But, there is a quality problem, as the conditions are not good (flash only in dark room).

So, let's test my killer camera lens. You will see the difference for sure :wub:

IMG_3813.JPG

Pretty good, isn't it ? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Let's try another kind of photo... Setting the watches on my desk :

IMG_3816.JPG

Now, the big action :

IMG_3822.JPG

This was hard to do, but I really love this group shot ! :good:

Now, let's see the watches alone... Sorry, the Spinmaster's is not here !

Let me know what do you think about the reflection of the watches :p

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the pics guys, any comments are really welcome, both on the watches & on the photos :victory:

Have a nice day :drinks:

R.

Photos server updated... Can you guys tell me if you have a problem with viewing the photos ?

Sometimes, my über-expensive SSL certificate is shitty with Firefox.

If yes, you can open the photo in another window, and let your browser know you want to see it !

Thanks ! :pardon:

Photos server updated... Can you guys tell me if you have a problem with viewing the photos ?

Sometimes, my über-expensive SSL certificate is shitty with Firefox.

If yes, you can open the photo in another window, and let your browser know you want to see it !

Thanks ! :pardon:

I can see 'em now that I refreshed... and speaking of the photos, could you take some comparison shots of the 2 Daytonas?

Are you talking about the two dials ?

The 6263 have the DW v1 dial, when the 6265 have the latest DW dial.

What I think about the dials :

- The "Rolex / Osyter / Cosmograph" are always misplaced, too high

- The subdials are both a way too shiny, and a way too big. Hands are supposed to fit exactly the extremity of the subdial. This is not the case here.

- The "T SWISS T" is absolutely wrong, due to the too big subdial

- The minutes counters are wrong, too short

- The markers around the dial are too bold

The differences I've seen :

- On the v1 (6263) dial, the "DAYTONA" is not so red. But it doesn't matter, supposed to be a 40yo dial

- On the v1, the coronet is absolutely wrong. Surprisely, the coronet on the 6265 is really good. Compare it with the Gen Datejust !

- On the v1, the color of the dial is slightly more yellow than the 6265, witch is really white. The colors are both great :)

My conclusion : I will go to a Gen Dial one day or other. There is just no good rep dial on the market at all ^_^

Thanks preacher & T. :p

Of course, a LV one would be awesome, but it's really hard to source one with the same specs as my current V3 :whistling:

I just can't imagine to do not have the gen click spring, for example, as it's absolutely changing the feeling of the watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now, all I want is sourcing a gen 6263/6265 dial at a decent price ! Will be hard too for sure :unsure: