When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jake Gyllenhaal Victorionox watch in the movie Source Code

slask111

Great watches. I actually like the SA you posted better than the Breitling Emergency / Aero. (I can't get passed the NASCAR fonts on some of the Breitlings :whistling:)

A good quality watch.

I occasionally rock my grab-n-go Vintage Chrono...

Great watches. I actually like the SA you posted better than the Breitling Emergency / Aero. (I can't get passed the NASCAR fonts on some of the Breitlings :whistling:)

A good quality watch.

I occasionally rock my grab-n-go Vintage Chrono...

Agreed, same quartz digital/analogue movement but with very different looks, personally this is much better lookng than the Aerospace

I think its the same as the Bell and Ross that's out. I think that one has had a price reduction to around $250 from an original $500+ so they can copy the movement will have to see what else they can come up with.

Identical movements in all of them. I don't think it's a rep movement, I believe the gen quartz movement isn't all that expensive, but could be wrong.

Identical movements in all of them. I don't think it's a rep movement, I believe the gen quartz movement isn't all that expensive, but could be wrong.

Yep, pretty much an ETA Quartz in both the Breitling and the VSA.

Just like the old Navitimers were Valjoux 7753's, with a few in-house mods.

It kills me when I see cool watch like some of the Chopard's at my AD selling for $7000 with a run of the mill or COSC 7750.

Yep, pretty much an ETA Quartz in both the Breitling and the VSA.

Just like the old Navitimers were Valjoux 7753's, with a few in-house mods.

It kills me when I see cool watch like some of the Chopard's at my AD selling for $7000 with a run of the mill or COSC 7750.

The expense is in the workmanship of the case, dial, hands and and bracelet, not that it justifies the price. Gen Breitling bracelets are works of art, and so are their dials (incidentally, so are the reps!), but not sure about Chopard's redeeming features. They are pretty but don't seem to justify the prices as well as some of the other Marques.

I dont know, i cinda like them. A rep Aerospace would sell like cupcakes is my guess. There is a Tissot that is just awsome on the wrist. A buddy of mine got one of theese and its just wonderful. Dont be scared of the picture, you should se this on a wrist (sry couldnt find a picture).

fullsize1.jpg

I thought it was a fun movie...but I don't really care for the watch..the character he was playing wearing the watch was a school teacher? Makes sense for that watch I guess...he probably wouldn't be wearing a Sea Dweller.. :)