When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 LV V3

danielv2000

I just received a WM9 LV V3 from another member and the bezel is a pain to turn.

Ok, not quite a wrench but I must apply some serious force to turn the bezel.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

BK suggested I try to sand down the underside of the bezel.

Thanks

Edited by danielv2000

what bk says would work, also make sure the flat washer isnt severely warped. you could also put a bit of space between the retaining ring and the case, that would also work, but dont go swimming.

Thanks. I'll have a look tonight. Ideally, a little sanding will work.

As you know from my other post which you reponded to, I might try fitting my gen bezel on and sand that one. Who knows, the "fit" might be better.

I am starting to understand what 1:1 means... there's a little bit of rounding in one of those numbers.

So this is a problem on the V3!

The Case s to much machined in the Crown area, so the Crown touched the Bezel.

This is why I think the V2 Case is much better.

I posted this problem time ago and decided to build my Hybrid Sub. ;)

Edited by Tribal

I had this problem on my (old school - no rehaut engrave) n00bmariner. It was getting tighter and tighter until it couldnt be turned anymore.

I put the watch in a bench vice that had rubber jaws - bezel edge only, not too tight - and turned. With a little force the bezel started to turn freely again. Just like new. The problem has never returned.

I pulled the bezel off. Guess what, no clickspring!

A bit of background. The back watch arrived to me with the insert off. My plan was to glue it back on. I practiced with a noob sub. You can read about this fiasco here!

Now, where dd the click spring go? I did not lose it when I popped the bezel off. I'm 100% sure. I was very careful working over a container. Could it have come off since there was no insert?

Anyways, can someone guide me on re-installing a click spring? I have a gen. To be honest, it looks like a broken piece of a paper clip. I will also try to pop in my gen bezel and see what happens.

Thanks!

Cleaned everything with toothbrush. The problem is the spacer. It looks fine, flat and all but it's preventing the bezel to turn. I even tried a gen spacer and same problem.

I can also confirm that a gen bezel will not fit. The search continues for a gen retaining ring.

No spacer, it turns beautifully. What's the impact of removing the spacer?

I lost the click spring on my gen 16800 one day. Hit the watch on the edge of the desk and the bezel popped off. Spent an hour looking around on the floor for the damn spring! Finally went to my watchmaker and got a new click spring for $8.

It sounds like the problem with your bezel may be in the height of the bezel if you flat washer doesn't fit well. You could certainly try w/o the flat washer, all it does is give some tension to the whole assembly.

Even gen assemblies wear out over time- my 28 year old watch- gen 16800- is somewhat loose. Hope I don't loose the bezel again hitting something!

I lost the click spring on my gen 16800 one day. Hit the watch on the edge of the desk and the bezel popped off. Spent an hour looking around on the floor for the damn spring! Finally went to my watchmaker and got a new click spring for $8.

It sounds like the problem with your bezel may be in the height of the bezel if you flat washer doesn't fit well. You could certainly try w/o the flat washer, all it does is give some tension to the whole assembly.

Even gen assemblies wear out over time- my 28 year old watch- gen 16800- is somewhat loose. Hope I don't loose the bezel again hitting something!

Thanks. I'll keep it this way for now.