When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wrednesday Wrist Wrangle

lhooq

A 7734 donor watch perhaps?? Either way, it's pretty cool looking! Nice find! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is the inside all you can see, red? You need to be more superficial! Also, it's a Poljot 3133 movement, and not a good 7734 substitute.

Actually, I've been looking for one of these OKEAH reissues for a while, but prices have been rising quickly in recent years. It's now one of the most expensive Russian military watches. I think the record is over a thousand for a vintage example last year. Ten years ago, these were easily under $100!

krustybrand: Beautiful! Is it a 7736 or a Venus?

Is the inside all you can see, red? You need to be more superficial! Also, it's a Poljot 3133 movement, and not a good 7734 substitute.

Actually, I've been looking for one of these OKEAH reissues for a while, but prices have been rising quickly in recent years. It's now one of the most expensive Russian military watches. I think the record is over a thousand for a vintage example last year. Ten years ago, these were easily under $100!

Well it is pretty cool looking! What is the inner bezel markings used for? Never seen that before. You could almost say it goes to "eleven"

Well it is pretty cool looking! What is the inner bezel markings used for? Never seen that before. You could almost say it goes to "eleven"

Thanks! The left-side crown rotates the blue inner bezel, which is a 12-hour counter. The red hash marks are for the telemeter, which would have been completely useless if this watch had been taken into space (as many claim)!

In his servicing notes, The Zigmeister lists it as a 7730, but I think he meant 7736, as I believe the 7730 was bi-compax. In any case, the watch dates to 1973 from its serial #, and is a model 815. I've owned it for just over 5 years now. It measures in at 40mm, which is large for its age. Picture is old. The seconds chrono hand now lines up perfectly.

@TJ: Thanks man.

Taste thing of course, but I always thought Aquaracer chrono (in blue) is one of the best looking watches. That's why I bought it anyway. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@TJ: Thanks man.

Taste thing of course, but I always thought Aquaracer chrono (in blue) is one of the best looking watches. That's why I bought it anyway. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Any time, bro :drinks: Of course, always a matter of to each his own, I was just really disappointed how the watch looked in person when I tried it on, that it didn't live up to the standard your photos had set :good: