When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 versions of the platinum plated 6497

Rolexman

Is it correct there are 2 versions of the platinum plated 6497 out there? Most 'new' movements in the H-factory watches (177, 176 etc.) look like the old movement but with upgraded dagger. It has the same CDG, crappy OP printing, large winding gear bevel, etc.

I know there is a better platinum plated movement out there with better CDG, engraved OP and smaller bevel on the winding gears. I'm not sure which models carry these (Noob factory?) and what the BPH are.

Can someone point out the differences and which version carries which movement? :victory:

Curious about that as well actually. The 112m I just got has one, and the OP printing is silk screened on and already lost some paint on the "I" and "N". Also, power reserve seems to be lacking on this one as well. Certainly doesn't last nearly as long as my swiss one. I might switch them around and maybe use the bridges on the swiss movement (even though the silk screen is wearing off, it still looks better than the engraving on my asian bridges on the ETA movement).

I understood the new platinum plated CDG movements were from the H factory... and released in the 177M, 005M and 112M

Arguably better but with most things rep... one step forward... two back....

I understood the new platinum plated CDG movements were from the H factory... and released in the 177M, 005M and 112MArguably better but with most things rep... one step forward... two back....

IMO the movements in the H factory pams look like sh*t. Especially the Cotes de Geneve. The Kuvarsit movement looks much much better and does not appear to be the same that is in the H-factory/Noob watches. I was told in confidence that the Platinum plated movement from Kuvarsit is a independent project of set dealer. H-factory (or Noob, don't remember) is working on an ultimate 1:1. It could therefore very well be that all the H-factory and Noob are only plating their own movements (with printing and poor CDG) to compete with this ultimate Kuvarsit movement. Just until they can release their own ultimate movement?

These are quite nice if your looking in terms of high-beat plated movement ...Have a read on RWi ...http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/my-new-6497-2-platinum-78820.html

I read the entire article and imo there is still no clear answer whether there are multiple platinum plated 6497s versions. I think there are! Both movements are definitely not the same.

1. [1] The Kuvarsit: High-beat, engraved OP, Nice CDG. Best available at the moment....

1. [2] The H-factory/Noob (all dealers): Using the old slow-beat movement which came in the early 177L, upgraded dagger, platinum plated, printed OP and poor CDG.

Just my 0.002

Kuvarsit:

post-682-0-90972900-1311794365.jpg

H-factory/Noob:

post-682-0-43618400-1311794358.jpg

Mate thats what I was saying... ie one step forward two steps back...

And I aint just talking about the CDG, dagger, Swan, Wheels etc remove the plates and you will see what I mean.. :)

The ultimate 1:1 I heard was being made for the 127 and then to go out across all the reps... The 127 is by what I have heard going to be a real contender for best OTB :)

Mate thats what I was saying... ie one step forward two steps back...

And I aint just talking about the CDG, dagger, Swan, Wheels etc remove the plates and you will see what I mean.. :)

The ultimate 1:1 I heard was being made for the 127 and then to go out across all the reps... The 127 is by what I have heard going to be a real contender for best OTB :)

Sweet! Thanks for the info. Can't wait :)

Original OP in RWI has a follow up that the bridges are not engraved though:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-platinum-plated-6497-2-79762.html?t=79762

Thanks for the info. I think you are right. Both versions are not engraved but one is superior to the other imo. The best version can be spotted through the serial I think: 507029 as all the pics I've seen of these 'ultimate' movements (whether from Sead or Kurvasit) carry this number.

The best version can be spotted through the serial I think: 507029 as all the pics I've seen of these 'ultimate' movements (whether from Sead or Kurvasit) carry this number.

Seems like Puretime is offering these as well: 6497-2

As I understand, this is only available as an "upgrade", so none of the watches currently available

come with this specific movement.

Maybe I should get me one or two of these as spares.... :whistling:

just a confirmation on the movement gents, as I'm still playing catch up:

old movement is 6497-2. Not platinum plated, but high beat, engraved

new movement is platinum plated 6497 (-1?), but low beat, not engraved

Kuvarsit/Sead/Puretime movement is 6497-2 platinum plated, high beat, not engraved

I don't understand the platinum plated feature-- is it just for show (because it's "whiter") or does it improve something on the movement?

Is it really noticeable (high beat vs low beat) on the seconds movement?

• Like 1