When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Long Awaited 187

Wolf

Just arrived from Trusty! I will probably post a follow up review after I have worn it a few days...but I am impressed. The only 2 flaws that I 'notice' are the ones that have been pointed out already, crownguard and lume color of the hands. The strap is of course genuine cashmere.

post-338-0-98321900-1311808791.jpg

post-338-0-01568700-1311808801.jpg

post-338-0-56430500-1311808809.jpg

post-338-0-63353300-1311808819.jpg

The crown guard has too big a hole so that there is too much of a gap between the crown and the inside of the cg. i think it also may be partially due to the crown having slightly smaller depth and/ or too close to the case. wolf- Have you played around with the date pusher button. does the unscrew mechanism feel pretty solid. I have heard of two folks who have had the mechanism pop out when unscrewing the pusher with the tool.

The crown guard has too big a hole so that there is too much of a gap between the crown and the inside of the cg. i think it also may be partially due to the crown having slightly smaller depth and/ or too close to the case. wolf- Have you played around with the date pusher button. does the unscrew mechanism feel pretty solid. I have heard of two folks who have had the mechanism pop out when unscrewing the pusher with the tool.

I just used it once and it felt ok, maybe not rock solid, but maybe it is something to be careful with.

First time I've liked a non-vintagized sub - good looking watch!

Btw: is it just the pic or does the AR have a blue tint?

Yes, on certain angles it does seem to have them with the camera, but I just tried to see it with the naked eye and couldn't recreate the blue tint, I'll let you know if I notice it when I wear it today.

Very nice looking watch congrats! This is much better than the previous version, which I used to own. As much as I love this watch I really fight myself from re-buying it. It was just way too large for me, actually it was more the thickness. It would sort of roll over my wrist from the weight.

Very nice looking watch congrats! This is much better than the previous version, which I used to own. As much as I love this watch I really fight myself from re-buying it. It was just way too large for me, actually it was more the thickness. It would sort of roll over my wrist from the weight.

Yea, you definitely need to be wary when wearing this watch. Desks, door[censored]s, etc. Will probably get hit from time to time. But it won't stop me, now if i owned the gen, It would probably not get worn as often for this reason.

Hi All

Very pleased with this one, worth the wait, really great watch

Mine is fitted with an original PAM divers

strap

post-285-0-21010400-1311921676.jpg

post-285-0-49946600-1311921705.jpg

post-285-0-01150400-1311921724.jpg

post-285-0-56809000-1311921762.jpg

post-285-0-37014200-1311921776.jpg

Regards

Richard

Damn, must resist :yu: ... I am waiting for new 305... don`t have room anymore in watch box...

Edited by sul

Love that strap! I'm looking for one right now.

Just had two watches checked in a dry pressure tester, 187 and 112m. The 187 checked out at 100m and the 112m at 50m. Both had seals lubed and checked prior. Good news for them both but mainly for the 187 as I'm diving shortly.

Love that strap! I'm looking for one right now.

Just had two watches checked in a dry pressure tester, 187 and 112m. The 187 checked out at 100m and the 112m at 50m. Both had seals lubed and checked prior. Good news for them both but mainly for the 187 as I'm diving shortly.

If you are going diving shortly I would still strap on a dive computer on the other wrist. I don't think I would trust my life to a rep - no matter how many times I have it tested. Now if you are going swimming that is another story. :lol: