When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Oceanographic 4000 Diver

MADRED7

Morning mates...whats up here, no love for HUBLOTs?

Josh and Andrew and Connie all show a prototype of the upcoming HUBLOT 4000 DIVER....well, lets see what they have:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

....mmh, I was so excited to see a rep of it, now I am down a bit due to the low stage the factory is at now.

Clear is the fact they used the HUBLOT prototype pics (only cumputer animated) to rep this watch....that gets a fast result but also a wrong and only prototype design!

The gen has many different aspects.....

Lets have a list of the most obvious flaws so Josh and Andrew can talk to the factory to get some things sorted.

- case thickness....rep is way too thin but I think it can be adjusted by using a new middle part and the black plastic underlay for the bezel

- the caseback is wrong but can be adjusted in thickness and design

- completely wrong lugs and lug design.....the gen does NOT have these countersunken parts!

- bezel screws need PVD

- crowns need rubber inlay

The list can go on as there are more flaws, but I would like to see the most obvious ones to be sorted first.

Lets wait and see what they do.....pre-order a prototype watch that is nowhere near 90% of the gen? Nah.....as much as I appreciate the effort of the factory and even though the price is nice, I cannot justify buying fantasy for a rep that could be a hot seller like the PloProf.

Cheers mates.

Theo

BTW....I would go for asian movement, they have never let me down in the past and its an asian made watch anyway :p

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it gets the quick-release button, they will hopefully change their lug design.....to completely flat (equal to the King Power) and with that triangel that will be the release button.

Anyway....lets get the flaws listed, will be a good help for our dealers me thinks. :clapping:

Theo

save your money guys! go out with your wife/girlfriend for dinner! this watch is junk atm!

- dial printing

- hev valve

- caseback

- screw in crowns (2x)

- crystal height

- date font

- etc., etc.,

hope the ultimate will be released soon.....

+1, maybe v2 will be better B):g:

Why so picky?

I ordered mine, knowing that some minor flaws will get solved before market-release and all other flaws I can live with.

Hey, this is a 340$ rep....great price for the Titanium you get back.

Theo

Please take some photos when it arrives, asian movement and 340usd is quite ok price range .

I am just afraid that there tiny flaws will bother me and I will not keep that watch.

Why so picky?

I ordered mine, knowing that some minor flaws will get solved before market-release and all other flaws I can live with.

Hey, this is a 340$ rep....great price for the Titanium you get back.

Theo

I agree although it's too big of a monster for me-- other than the helium valve missing I think it's a good rep to not to pass :)