When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16233 (DJ) Help needed badly!

TswissT

This watch has been to 2 different watchsmiths/modders to no avail... (already sent a message to Freddy too)

Here is my cry for help...Not sure who can handle this or at least give me advice.

Ingredients include:

Gen 16233 Case

Gen Crown and tube

Gen Crystal

ETA 2892

Stilty Movement Ring

Clark Tudor Hands

Gen Gold Datewheel (I think it is overlayed)

Here is the issue:

2 people from another forum already worked on this one. The first time the watch was completed, the seconds hand fell off. The second time (same modder) it returned, the second hand started hitting the cyclops. The Third time is still in limbo. The modder told me he cannot figure out how to get this one to work and cant find the right parts.

I informed him a while back that a cp would have to be changed, and possibly taller hour and 4th wheel. (I know I read that here somewhere but cant find the thread) :(

Now that the watch is about 8 months out...I plead to the Rolexperts to chime in...

Sadly, I have had SOOOOO many watches come through my hands over the last 8 months I will likely not even wear this one that much. But I HATE not finishing something I start!! Now I want this one badly; but I need a person who can complete the job.

This is my watch:

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

SOMEBODY HELP!!!

Chief did one with a 2892 ... perhaps he has some insight.

The taller CP was mentioned in Stilty's 'Birth of a Franken' post on the ETA 2824 ... not sure if it applies to the 2892

... I still wish he would have finished the series, as Part 1 was great insight into building these.

Your hands may need to be broached as mine were, although it is a 16013. They are Clarks and surprisingly, they needed the broaching. Also, perhaps there is a small possibility your were sent the incorrect hands and maybe just with luck, they stay on for a bit. Happened to me, didn't realize it until the time came to try to fit them. If none of this is the case,maybe you do need another kind of CP. Also, I'd be very interested if a 2824 does successfully work in a 16233. Simpler movement without the issues you are having.