When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can silkscreen Dials?

Ray T

• 3 weeks later...

silk screening is hard to do on dials, it lays down too much ink and very hard to do it accurately, which is why most dial makers choose pad printing. Your best option is either decals or find a pad printer willing to touch a gen dial. Also, remember that the comex print is white on black ink, so it's a 2 color process.

• 1 month later...

I have a gen dial coming in and wanted to know who do you guys trust with silk screening. I am looking to get a accurate Comex done onto a 1665 service dial.

me too

trying to resurrect this post in hopes of finding someone that has tried this.

Thank you

Vly I had a project like this I tried to do sometime ago if you remember :p

It ended up falling through though.

First of all DONT SILKSCREEN it will look awful! You want PAD PRINTING!

Second expect to pay upwards of 100-200 for a 1 off of a dial. I have no idea the cost associated with the art.

I ended up only finding one guy in Europe who ended up getting [censored] and blocking me when I was trying to work out a working dial design (he just wanted to get paid and I didn't even know if he could do the work!)

If you do find someone CONUS I am still interested in putting my family crest on my pam...

panerai-pam-312-example.gif

SOMEDAY BABY!

• 3 weeks later...

in china maybe.... that's if you don't want them to steal your vector files. As for me, I do pad printing @ home with 20% success rate (I think) provided I still retain my skills. need a better machine in order to be more accurate hmm.

Edited by praetor