When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got An Email From Josh About The New Bell And Ross

crystalcranium

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, there seems to be no clear answer here. Clive has seen it and says it uses genuine hex screws and yet ALL the photos CLEARLY show HORRIBLE fake, stamped hex screws on the back. Furthermore the fake seems to be missing the standard screws found on the FACE of the original (not the case but the face itself).

So it seems that this new fake will have some "screwy" issues to corrct if it to be even close to the gen.

Edited by tvt

Well, there seems to be no clear answer here. Clive has seen it and says it uses genuine hex screws and yet ALL the photos CLEARLY show HORRIBLE fake, stamped hex screws on the back. Furthermore the fake seems to be missing the standard screws found on the FACE of the original (not the case but the face itself).

So it seems that this new fake will have some "screwy" issues to corrct if it to be even close to the gen.

The pics are of a prototype model, and they have both said for sure that the dial WILL have PVD screws.

Im willing to bet the back will have real screws also.

Really? Cool! I did not know that they were saying it WOULD have the PVD screws on the face. If it DOES then I agree, the watch is damn nice from the front. I however doubt the back will have the proper hex screws. I REALLY hope I am wrong but without them it is a virtual deal breaker for me... simply because the stamped look is so cheesey. However if they do have the hex screws then sign me up.

PS - why don't reps come with superlume as standard? It doesn't cost anything, and it's always a dead giveaway, particularly for Panerai and, now, BR. Even orange superlume is no problem. Anybody?

Probably because the factories have absolute vat loads of regular lume left, and before we started getting such good quality reps, it wasn't an issue.

In our community we are anal about these things, but i bet for every one of us, there are 5 'normal' people who dont really care.

I thought I read on another board that the orange/PVD 39mm rep didn't have any lume at all. Does anybody remember seeing that as well? If so, that's a deal killer for me. No lume at all, come on!!

By the way here's a shot of Andrew's watch. No hex screws, just PVD.

post-1281-1162828597_thumb.jpg

Edited by pman

Probably because the factories have absolute vat loads of regular lume left, and before we started getting such good quality reps, it wasn't an issue.

In our community we are anal about these things, but i bet for every one of us, there are 5 'normal' people who dont really care.

I think you need to multiply that number by about 10,000, honestly. For every one of us there are 50,000 people who don't care.