When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 187

drolson

Two days ago my new Pam 187 from Mrs. King arrived (flawless transaction as always and only 10 days from China via Uk to Germany :clapping: ).

I realy love this watch an I think this is the best a rep watch can be. The over all quality and build of the watch is simply awesome. I´ve read "this watch is just like the gen" about a lot of models and I´m convinced that it is not true (there´s always a major difference in the overall feel and finish), but I think this watch is very close.

The watch is huge, bulky and heavy (212 grams) just as i like it :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

Opposed to contrary reports on the fora my rubber strap is extremely soft and comfortable to wear.

As stated before, the caseback is one of the best and realy gen like.

The crownguard, dispite the difference to the gen, is nicely finished, with a tight and absolutely flush lever and closes the spring loaded crown very tight.

The bezel is stiff and turns with a nice fat click in minute increments (60 clics). This is by far the best rep bezel i´ve seen and felt, comparable to the bezel of my gen Omega PO Chrono (it has 120 clics in contrast). The indices on the bezel are nicely polished, as are the teeth on the side of the bezel.

The cristal is very nice, fat, slightly domed, has realy great AR and a light purple hue just like the gen.

The dial is beautiful too, chrisp engraving, nicely set indices and a great colour.

But the main thing that distinguishes this rep from others is the qualitiy of the hands. They are chrisp, highly polised, and just superb build.

On my watch the date pusher works fine, but i´ve been very careful with it and avoided to screw it into the case too far.

One last story about the watch before I post the pictures:

I showed the watch to my 3,5 year old daughter and asked her if she liked it or not therefore if I could keep it or have to sell it (over the last years it has become a ritual with every new watch ;))

So she looked at I and approved it.... then she inspected the watch for a little while, turned to me and asked:

Dady why didn´t they put a glass in there..... :rofl: (I swear this is true)

Ok here are the Pics:

IMG_0142-1.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0020-1.jpg

IMG_0031-1.jpg

The hands:

IMG_0136-1.jpg

Caseback:

IMG_0037-1.jpg

Strap and buckle:

IMG_0045-1.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0062-1.jpg

Different setting:

IMG_0114-1.jpg

IMG_0095-1.jpg

IMG_00912-1.jpg

IMG_0088-1.jpg

Crown:

IMG_0116-1.jpg

IMG_0119-1.jpg

Size comparison:

IMG_00392-1.jpg

IMG_0041-1.jpg

Pam 187

IMG_00722-1.jpg

Super Avenger

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IWC Big Pilot

IMG_0053-1.jpg

Pam 112

IMG_00582-1.jpg

Height:

IMG_0078-1.jpg

IMG_0069-1.jpg

Lume (week as the gen ;)) :

IMG_0005-1.jpg

AR (gen on the right):

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Me preparing this thread:

IMG_00362-1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it,

Drolson

It looks pretty small compared to the Super Avenger.

Well I wouldn´t call this watch small... but it is a little smaller than the Super Avenger. The diameter is 47mm in contrast to 48,8 mm. Especialy the lugs are shorter and thinner.

Height and weight are very similar.

Drolson

If you can wear a Super Avenger you can definetely wear the 187.

I´d say if you are interested in big diving watches you have to go for the new Pam 187.

It´s simply the best of my reps and I´m sure it won´t get any better than this.

Drolson

Thanks guys for the kind words.

I´m still enjoying the watch. Have been wearing it for one week now and it still blows me away.

Please, the price.

465$ shipped.

Any issue yet with the hour markers as called out in this thread?

Also, anyone know if it's confirmed there's a fix in the works for the date pusher problem?

No there´s no sign of changing colours yet, but we´ll see.

Someone posted pics about securing the pusher with a screw from the inside of the case, it must be somewhere here. Just search the threads of last week.

Drolson