When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh My God

Finepics

I was in my local watch boutique today speaking to the manager, who sort of knows me, and he told me that very soon they are having a big Panerai day where they will fill the shop with lesser known models as a big sales drive - and guess what - they are hopefully going to bring over some of the Vintage museum pieces from Florence to put on show as well!! Holy [censored] I nearly fell over backward when he told me that!!! I think it's an invite thing for an evening and an open house the next day so I will update you when I know more details (the manager is keeping me infromed as he knows my obsession).

The big question is if I have the [censored] to wear a rep or maybe I should wear one of my vintage "hommage" pieces - bit less of a [censored] take in the circumstances.

Please dont tell me it will occur on the place I am thinking of...

I would surely wear your 6152 and go inside in a blaze of glory... or better... your 3646!

I bet your 3646 wont go unnoticed... the worst that can happens is an invitation for you to take place on the exhibition!

BTW any news on your new bezel?

Cheers,

Marco

Please dont tell me it will occur on the place I am thinking of...

I would surely wear your 6152 and go inside in a blaze of glory... or better... your 3646!

I bet your 3646 wont go unnoticed... the worst that can happens is an invitation for you to take place on the exhibition!

BTW any news on your new bezel?

Cheers,

Marco

No news yet - I'm hoping it was shipped out last Monday so should be here in time for the show!! Still need my dial back as well as that is the missing link - temporary dial will not do!!

So it might have to be the 6152 and I would certainly not be ashamed to wear that.

The big question is if I have the [censored] to wear a rep or maybe I should wear one of my vintage "hommage" pieces - bit less of a [censored] take in the circumstances.

Gulp. Recently I was in my local Panerai dealer with my PAM127 '1950', with a genuine 1950 26mm strap (yes, I bought a genuine strap for my rep).

Anyway, they saw it, asked to look at it as they'd not seen one for a while and even asked if it was something I was planning on trading in at a later date. Basically, they thought it was the original.

Chris.

Edited by moxxey

They have one of these road shows happening here in Melbourne next week too!!

The salesman invited me and took my address down last weekend, but haven't received it as of yet. It will be great to see some othere pieces here, as usually the Panerai stock is pretty dismal.

I say wear a nice Rolex so they can bring you over to the dark side LOL!!

Tell us how it goes!

Now that´s what i call perfect marketing....

I wouldnt wear a fake on such a roadshow. Honestly.

P.S.: Mate, you sure you´ll go to heaven? ;):p

Don't think it would be a problem to wear my 6152 with Cortebert movt. It's obviously not designed to fool anyone into thinking it's real if it came to selling it and they might be flattered that someone has shown such an interest in the vintage pieces. I certainly would not wear one of my regular reps although I'm sure I could get away with one or two!!

... if I get called out I exclaim in horror that I paid £3000 for it thinking it was real and they will feel so sorry for me that they'll give me a gen as compensation!! - No?

What a nightmarish vision!!! a big operatic moment of drama... :D love yor Gilbert & Sullivan style sense of humour....

Oh man - you have me wearing a 6152-1 which is not ready yet!!

135871-18210.jpg

Great picture! Though I'm not sure the teeth are that big, unless you mean Mark's job :group:

You are a brave man. You will be standing among the most anal retentive PAM people in the world. Although you never know. When I went to the Panerai Ferarri exhibition in New York no one was there and nobody cared. Then again I didn't go on opening night. :lol: If it is there for several days I woudl suggest going the next day. :)

The cortbert based watch would be very well acceptted I would think. There are at least one or two stories of Pan collectors building very very high end "replicas" vintage pieces out there.

All The Modern OFFICINE PANERAI/Richmont Watches Are Reps of the original Military isue Familly Company!

And they could learn from some of the Projects in this comunity!

But Serious, Unless Your Are A Agent-Provocateur or Thrillseeker (Remeber that scene From National Lampoon's?)

I would Like to See Your 3646 Finished :victory:

These PANERISTI are Anal Retentive to anything not Registered By their Club. The one thing they Can mutual Attack is Items or people who Can't afford or are smart enough not to pay A couple of Grands for A piece Of SS Swiss Chocolat! Or Are Creative enough to built there own Dreamwatch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do enjoy The Vintage Pieces Those where not made By Elliterian, Uptight, Materialistic Cultmembers!

Actually the evening is being put together to launch the Ferrari range in the UK so of course there will be a few hardcore Paneraisti there but also a lot of people who will just be punters with bulging pockets of cash (credit cards) being encouraged to part with some of it. I doubt people will be spending too much time looking at each others wrists. Wearing my 6152 is more likely to raise interest if they get the museum pieces out there and at least I cannot be really lambasted for that.

I will certainly take my camera so if there are any photos to be had I wil certainly share them here.

Just had a totally brill idea - I go wearing one of my reps, say my 001, and if I get called out I exclaim in horror that I paid £3000 for it thinking it was real and they will feel so sorry for me that they'll give me a gen as compensation!! - No?

BRILLIANT!!! :Jumpy::3a:

Finepics-

I stick by my original post. Don't go opening night and wear whatever you want. I went the next day in New York to the PAM Ferrari exhibition. Or maybe you like hanging with the hardcore Paneristi. :lol: The added bonus was they were willing to pull them out of the lucite case and let me try them on. :)