When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Rolex Sub Mercedes Handset for 2846

ebzen02

If you have 2 watches side by side in sunlight, one with flat hands and the other with curved - you will wonder how much difference it makes. The most even don't notice that little improvement all the years they are wearing the Rolex... :D

I am not 100% sure, but I think this is from Rolex patended!

of course virtually no one will know but you, but if your going for a franken rep those little idiosyncrasies pick at you and they stand out above all the gen parts. but if im visually convinced that i can not improve my rep and it is as close to perfect as i can achieve visually then i can comfortably wear it. call it OCD i guess :whistling: if i notice its a visual flaw it personally bothers me, its above trying to fool someone about its authenticity.

i think i have a problem...

of course virtually no one will know but you, but if your going for a franken rep those little idiosyncrasies pick at you and they stand out above all the gen parts. but if im visually convinced that i can not improve my rep and it is as close to perfect as i can achieve visually then i can comfortably wear it. call it OCD i guess :whistling: if i notice its a visual flaw it personally bothers me, its above trying to fool someone about its authenticity.

i think i have a problem...

I know exactly that problem! :)

On beginning I also used the Tudor hands, but after the first gen comparsion I felt sick after with the wach on my wrist! Am I infected? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Tudor hands are for Rolex wrong, they are totally flat! Rolex usees arched hands, just FYI... :nea:

Flat hands have in direct sun a very high reflection, the arched only a minimum.

I have to disagree on this. I have found numerous of gen vintage Rolex pictures where they have flat hands too.

check this one: Flat hand 5514 on ebay.

I have to disagree on this. I have found numerous of gen vintage Rolex pictures where they have flat hands too.

check this one: Flat hand 5514 on ebay.

On second pic you can see the hour hand is curved! So the minute hand should be also, but it's not visible from that angle. Also if you make a direct straight up shot from top you can't see it, of course.

Believe me - all (GEN) Rolex hands are curved. Except of the first Submariner models.