When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check Out My New Link Chrono

maxmsu

What do you guys think about my new TAG? It aint the ones you see everywhere, totally digging the BLUE/PURPLE AR. NICEEEE... I now like TAG better than Pannies... they look more sophisticated. :D:)135346-18309.jpg

135346-18310.jpg

135346-18311.jpg

are those two bottom pics of the gen? date wheel is nicely centered :)

Very nice looking watch...I'm still deciding between the link or SMP chrono.

i had that watch since it came out early this year. a very very good rep, i've tested mine and it's water resistant. mine, however, has a horrible date wheel, esp from 1 to 9.

This is either a gen or the date wheel has been replaced (which I doubt as I have not been able to find any replacement Asian 7750 datewheels on the web) as the one on the brushed bezel model as azgjav states is bloody awful.

Nice.

I think it's a rep though. Link quartz chronograph has the 9-3-6 subdial arrangement. I have never seen a quartz Link chrono with 12-9-6 (running seconds at 6) model.

But those subdial hands don't really look "gen quality" to me in the zoomed pics... I could be wrong though. My guess is that this is a quartz rep of the automatic chronograph (with inaccurate subdials). Either way, it's a very nice looker.

Link quartz chronograph:

135474-18281.jpg

I think it's a Quartz Rep with Miyota 10 movement. I have seen this one on ebay before. The guy didn't know if it was real or not, but was selling it for $150... :p

Still, it wasn't looking as nice as this one.

Or perhaps automatic rep with 21J Asian? I think the chrono reps with 21J Asian autos are OK... as long as the stopwatch and the subdials are frozen. The constantly running big stopwatch second in chronos look ridiculous (at least to the people who know something about watches).

So this could be similar as the "frozen stopwatch" Daytona with 21J Asian auto? hope they're moving towards this direction with the cheaper reps.

I don't think so. I bet it's Quartz. (Low light picture and the second hard isn't blurred :p)

Anyway, I would prefer a quarks Tag rep with fully working chrono than a cheap asian movement with non working chronos.

Edited by vric

• 1 month later...

Looks like the subdials and seconds dial are frozen. The 6 o'clock seconds is in the same position in all shots!

I have a speedmaster with dummy 3 and nine subdials, 24h subdial at 6 and the stopwatchhand as seconds. How can I freeze the 6 o'clock and the big stopwatch seconds?

The Tag looked very good in those shots!

Edited by space

I have a speedmaster with dummy 3 and nine subdials, 24h subdial at 6 and the stopwatchhand as seconds. How can I freeze the 6 o'clock and the big stopwatch seconds?

Try this method by ajoesmith for freezing the 6 o'clock subdial...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...&hl=subdial

Lykke til! ;)

Takker!

I knew I had read a tutorial on how to do this.

The big seconds hand is maybe harder to stop.

I don't really have the right tools to work on such small details either.

chrgod: Do you know where to get "watch tools" in norway? Where are you located?