When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836-2 vs. 2824-2

PPN

Hey guys, I was just going through some of the rep sites, and I noticed that some of the models allow you to choose either the 2836 or 2824 movement. I'm still relatively new to all this, and I was wondering if someone could tell me the main differences between the two. Is any particular one "better" than the other, and which is typically more expensive?

Thanks!

2824 has no day wheel and this makes it slightly thinner. They're the same quality.

Ah, thanks for the quick reply.

So then why would the 2836 be an option for models like the PO or 3227 Ingeniueur when there is obviously no date function?

I think it comes down to avaialabilty, also it makes sence for the chinese to buy or copy the 2836 as it can be used in more watches, ie if you want a day date fit the day wheel if you dont want the day dont fit the wheel

It makes no sense, especially when you consider both the genuine watches you mentioned have ETA 2892s in them. The 2824 it closer to the 2892 in thickness.

Who can ever fathom the vagaries of the replica makers.

So if one were to buy an Ingenieur with the 2836 movement, would that cause any problems or affect the thickness of the watch?

I thought the rep users mainly use the 2836 because it comes standard with a one size taller canon pinion and 4th wheel because of the day wheel mechanism. I've never actually confirmed this though, so maybe one of the experts will fill us in.

I think it comes down to avaialabilty, also it makes sence for the chinese to buy or copy the 2836 as it can be used in more watches, ie if you want a day date fit the day wheel if you dont want the day dont fit the wheel

I think that would make sense, but only if the reliability and quality/accuracy of the 2836 and 2824 were comparable.