When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA hand sizes?

Nanuq

I put a "new" ETA 2836-2 in my MBW 1665 and it worked a couple months then stopped. So I took the movement from an ancient "Paul" Submariner also labeled 2836-2 and swapped it in. But when I switched the hands the seconds hand was too small to fit onto the old "Paul" seconds pinion.

What am I missing here? Or where can I find a Rolex seconds hand with a larger opening?

Any advice is welcome. Constructive advice that is!

:Jumpy:

Thanks, R. Looking at the post with a loupe it looks way bigger than the hole in the seconds hand. So how hard is it to find a .26 seconds hand? My original met with an (cough) unfortunate incident. :whistling:

Yeah I'm thinking that wouldn't work so well. I just spent the day with grinders, a chain saw, hydraulic jacks, a Sawzall and a welder.

Fine tool broaching? I'd destroy everything I touched smaller than an inch across.

Anyone have a seconds hand to trade for mine?

I put a "new" ETA 2836-2 in my MBW 1665 and it worked a couple months then stopped. So I took the movement from an ancient "Paul" Submariner also labeled 2836-2 and swapped it in. But when I switched the hands the seconds hand was too small to fit onto the old "Paul" seconds pinion.

What am I missing here? Or where can I find a Rolex seconds hand with a larger opening?

Any advice is welcome. Constructive advice that is!

I have a pile of ETA movements at my shop.....perhaps I can find you the correct 4th wheel?

I once spent quite a bit of time trying to put back a second hand on a Miyota movement and couldn't get it on for nothing. Turns out when I pulled it off, it took part of the pin with it. You might try looking real close at the inside of the tube.

Send it to me and I'll swap it out for you :D Even better....send me that and the old movement and I'll use the 4th wheel from the ETA movement that did work ;)

You got a deal! PM the address and she's in the mail!

I once spent quite a bit of time trying to put back a second hand on a Miyota movement and couldn't get it on for nothing. Turns out when I pulled it off, it took part of the pin with it. You might try looking real close at the inside of the tube.

Thanks, inside of the tube is clear under a loupe but the pin it goes on almost looks like a steel jobbie with a layer of brass wrapped around it. Very strange. :g: