When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tyre pressure - need advice

Samurai

Over time tires will tell you how they like your treatment. Just keep an eye on them.

Middle of the tread wearing too fast? Overinflated.

Sides wearing too fast? Underinflated.

Cupping or scalloping? You have loose pivots in your suspension.

Now run your hand across your front tire tread. Is it easier to push your hand across than to pull it back? Then your front end is likely toed in too much.

Start with the sidewall pressure and then play with it. My 9.5x33-16 on the Rover beat me to death at their rated 85psi but dropping it to 55psi smoothes them right out. In deep snow 20psi is even better.

Get to know your tires and vehicle and the tires will last longer too.

Over time tires will tell you how they like your treatment. Just keep an eye on them.

Middle of the tread wearing too fast? Overinflated.

Sides wearing too fast? Underinflated.

Cupping or scalloping? You have loose pivots in your suspension.

Now run your hand across your front tire tread. Is it easier to push your hand across than to pull it back? Then your front end is likely toed in too much.

Start with the sidewall pressure and then play with it. My 9.5x33-16 on the Rover beat me to death at their rated 85psi but dropping it to 55psi smoothes them right out. In deep snow 20psi is even better.

Get to know your tires and vehicle and the tires will last longer too.

I agree 100% very good advice Nanuq. Most people dont pay much attention to there tires. Not smart when you consider that your tires are the only part of your car that connect you to the pavement :bangin:

Based on Mazda specs 19" is available as an option. If they are OEM wheels then the tire pressure label on the inside of the driver door frame will tell you the pressure you should run.

Um, yeah, but I'd assumed if this were the case, he wouldn't be asking us. Maybe that was a bit daft.

Sammy......is it true that Cars there are super expensive? I have read that a BMW 3 Series could cost over $100K after taxes/permits/license and everything?:black_eye:

Wowsa!

Expensive?....nah....they are bloody murder expensive here....plus..you get to own your car only for 10 yrs. If you want to retain it post that...you have to buy another license which costs a bomb (current going rate is about USD 53K).

Here is what they are going for now (all inclusive price):

# 318i - USD 158K

# 320i - USD 178K

# 325i - USD 197K

$hitnerand.......I guess the lower and middle class don't drive.....although I get what the govt is trying to do.....control traffic and pollution! Might not be a bad idea.....problem is if more than half of the population are millionaires!

Thanks......Btw: I had a great time my last visit.....