When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert opinion need: project plan

marcoxxx1984

There's some problems with your plan.

First of all, tropic crystals are plastic crystals, which has a different crystal construction than a newer sapphire crystal. Also, rep pushers on modern daytona reps aren't that far off, it's not really worth replacing.

Second of all, the problem with the modified 7750s are the seconds @ 6, not the center seconds. Yes, they both feed off the seconds wheel, but they're in different parts of the movement. You'd either need to graphite treat the modification plate or just turn it off altogether.

Moreover, check freddy333's previous project on the modern daytona. I think he focused more on the profile and dial of the watch.

very interesting. The link you gave us. It's a non chronograph A21J movement with seconds @ 6. They finally did it! It was always center seconds fake subdials before. This is a fairly new rep to the scene. Also, you should notice that watcheden mixed up the pictures (i.e. the profile and the back is a different watch - the solid gold daytona rep). As for the interchangability with genuine parts, the crown and tube should be a doable mod, as the parts and drill bits are fairly easy to come by. The tap on the other hand, difficult to find. If you plan to change the crystal or dial, it's fair enough to say that nobody knows what's going to happen because there's a fair chance that nobody knows the measurements of the watch case and dial, which means that you're likely to machine those crystal retaining parts...

also make sure the movement is beating @ 28.8k. If that's not the case then you'd have further headache. Good luck.

Edited by praetor

Hi

I need your opinion about my project for a nice modern daytona:

- daytona steel black dial without rehaut engravings 21j

- frozen the central second hand and leave only the one at 6. Ok I will not have chrono but who cares???

- Clark tropic

- ofrei pushers

- gen crown/tube + cg mods

Thanks

I don't think I'd spend money on a gen crown/tub for a watch that will have a frozen chrono seconds hand. Ofrei pushers are also probably an unnecessary expense.

Just think my father has the gen since 15 years and he never used the chrono. Never... ;)

I use the chrono on my 16520 quite a bit. But that's not the point. I just think that a rep of this caliber doesn't stand to improve much from aftermarket parts. There are bigger flaws than the ones you've identified for replacement.

I use the chrono on my 16520 quite a bit. But that's not the point. I just think that a rep of this caliber doesn't stand to improve much from aftermarket parts. There are bigger flaws than the ones you've identified for replacement.

Ok friend, but which are these bigger flaws if I take the correct slim case?