When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions On This Watch!

acatman

Guys, I know that this is a rep forum, but I have a bang, bang on another forum and as a joke put that I would trade for a Rolex watch. Low and behold this shows up. The watch looks beat up and the guys say he purchased it at an estate sale, no box and no papers. The pearl looks suspect, but what do I know. I am not a member of the Rolex forum or I would put it there. Anyone want to take a shot at value and authenticity? Also with all the scratches and such, how would it clean up?

post-23932-0-53376200-1314656572.jpg

post-23932-0-42713400-1314656592.jpg

post-23932-0-91787800-1314656610.jpg

Edited by acatman

looks like a genuine 5508 to me. However, the dial is more of a suspect than the insert to be honest, I've never seen a coronet like this (Im not that familiar with this model). It has a really nice folded jubilee bracelet. Not sure how much this goes for... 8k? I wouldn't polish the case other than rebrushing the lugs.

If I were you, I also would ask for a shot of the profile in order to see possible dents on the side of the case.

Edited by praetor

I agree, it's a 5508 and it's an exclamation point dial. It says 'swiss' so it could be original. Don't clean it up, it could be worth a decent amount of money- $12K-15K. The jubilee is older also- folded link. This should have a 1530 inside. Nice find.

The insert is a newer replacement.