When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

L series 5513

Omega

Cool idea about thinning the case, I noticed my spring bars dont poke all the way through the lug holes.

You have certainly put some real effort into that piece.

I totally agree with the modern serviced look, particularly due to the shortage of a decent 14060m rep. I intended to go the same way with mine, but I got hold if a gen gloss dial with tritium so I'll use that for now, it is accurate for my l series too.

Good luck with the 1680, I love their service disks with the nice White markers.

very nice. a couple questions:

why the WSO bezel?

why a modern 703? (to match the hands and dial period i assume?)

this is about as good as it can get without magically raising the crown height position

i had everything to build a very similar one ,all gen tritium (dial, hands, insert) except bracelet links (had gen clasp and 580s) they sit in my parts box, so its wonderful to see one completed, makes me question my tritium route with that glow on yours.

I ordered on gen forum a gen NOS bezel, because my case was missing it (bought it like this). After getting the gen bezel I noticed it was used, and the retaining ring was bented! I sent it back and decided to use a WSO which I had laying around. BTW, it's made of very good quality, and the inlay snaps in like on gen! But to get it correctly working (rotating by pressing down) there is lathe work on the MBW retainer needed! That's the reason.

Modern crown? You think the coronet is from newer batch, but the crown is the same as the long coronet ones. Both are 703. But I have a so called "vintage" crown here laying around, so I can mount it - but I don't care about that. Even the AD don't get it if you try to explain him the coronet sizes... :D

I ordered on gen forum a gen NOS bezel, because my case was missing it (bought it like this). After getting the gen bezel I noticed it was used, and the retaining ring was bented! I sent it back and decided to use a WSO which I had laying around. BTW, it's made of very good quality, and the inlay snaps in like on gen! But to get it correctly working (rotating by pressing down) there is lathe work on the MBW retainer needed! That's the reason.

Modern crown? You think the coronet is from newer batch, but the crown is the same as the long coronet ones. Both are 703. But I have a so called "vintage" crown here laying around, so I can mount it - but I don't care about that. Even the AD don't get it if you try to explain him the coronet sizes... :D

damn VRF, can you believe some one sold me a pair of 580s in "good condition" that were missing the 2mm spring bar loops. not even usable. if thats their idea of good condition i would hate to see "poor-fair".

damn WSO with ill-fitting parts, made to fit like gen my @ss

i think your coronet is more modern, i would personally use the fat coronet crown but since your hands and dial are lumi it is plausible that they replaced the fat crown with the more modern style when they "serviced" your dial to lumi... your crown matches the watches story but it does cost it some character