When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to store your watches

mm..mm

Hi all,

As my collection of AP sec @12 is getting bigger I am wondering, what is the best way to store them. Is it good to keep them running all the time and so everyday run the crown or shake them gently. Or is it best to unscrew the crown and hack the watch for the time of no usage?

I am really trying to keep the watches running as good as possible so any advice on maintenance would be helpful.

Thanks

MM..MM

Asia AND ETA 775x movements do not like to be hand-wound! the speed reducing gear for the auto-wind mechanism spins at an insanely high speed when you hand wind the watch and it will strip off the teeth of this gear.

Dont do it .. unless you are very very slow and careful .. and only a little.

Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers. :victory:

Good advice above, but really, just wear it, let it unwind if you are not going to wear it for awhile -or- keep it on a winder if you are wearing semi-regularly. It is one half dozen or the other as to what causes more wear.

Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers. :victory:

Good advice above, but really, just wear it, let it unwind if you are not going to wear it for awhile -or- keep it on a winder if you are wearing semi-regularly. It is one half dozen or the other as to what causes more wear.

+1 I rarely If ever wear the same watch two days In a row,so the winder thing is not that important to me. I just put In my watch box and let It wind down. Then when I wear it again I just set the time, give it a little swivel or gentle shake,and all is good with the world. :thumbsupsmileyanim: