When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Head Shaking Rolex price..wow

txrob779

I was in downtown Ft.Worth, Texas yesterday eating at Razoo's with my family after a funeral of one of my oldest frinds...CODP took him. There were hundreds of LSU Tigers and Oregon State Ducks there in town for "The Cowboy Classic" NCAA football game. Anyway, the downtown area Sundace Square is an amazing meca of resturants and shopping. We walked into a Rolex AD called Haltoms and I asked "what is the most expensive Rolex you have today". She pulled out the President Daydate w/baby blue dial in Platinum, a whopping $57,000 WOW I about fainted. So, I owned a Gen 16610 Z series Submariner that I bought new in 2007 for $4875. They now retail that Sub for $8000, are you serious. Now I love gen Rolex's but it will be a COLD day in hell before I drop $8k retail for a 16610. I was laughing inside, just laughing.

Looks like they threw the retail of the new sub onto the old subs too. I would never pay retail anyhow...second hand is always the best bet in my opinion. I'm really gonna try and pick up the new explorer when it comes out...but I'll have to wait a bit for the prices to come down on the second hand market.

Sorry for your loss Rob, been there too.

Rolex seemed to jump prices crazy high just lately.

Seems like stock subs were in scale with inflation through the years, but now they look to have doubled.

In their high end watches they already make mega money pieces for those that can afford and want them. I don't understand why they wanna price regular line watches out of reach of average watch nuts like me that really can only afford one expensive watch.

Looks like they threw the retail of the new sub onto the old subs too. I would never pay retail anyhow...second hand is always the best bet in my opinion. I'm really gonna try and pick up the new explorer when it comes out...but I'll have to wait a bit for the prices to come down on the second hand market.

It was $7700....unvelievable

This is the Daydate President 20100 model w/blue dial in platinum...this is the $57,000 ripoff.

rolex-day-date-platinum-president-profile.png

I was in downtown Ft.Worth, Texas yesterday eating at Razoo's with my family after a funeral of one of my oldest frinds...CODP took him. There were hundreds of LSU Tigers and Oregon State Ducks there in town for "The Cowboy Classic" NCAA football game. Anyway, the downtown area Sundace Square is an amazing meca of resturants and shopping. We walked into a Rolex AD called Haltoms and I asked "what is the most expensive Rolex you have today". She pulled out the President Daydate w/baby blue dial in Platinum, a whopping $57,000 WOW I about fainted. So, I owned a Gen 16610 Z series Submariner that I bought new in 2007 for $4875. They now retail that Sub for $8000, are you serious. Now I love gen Rolex's but it will be a COLD day in hell before I drop $8k retail for a 16610. I was laughing inside, just laughing.

rolex-day-date-platinum-president-profile.png

Sorry about your loosing a friend, Rob. My wife has went to three funerals in the past month. I guess when ya start getting older you encounter more and more reminders of just how finite our time here is...

That said, for that money I would rather have a really nice hot-rod!

Sorry about your loosing a friend, Rob. My wife has went to three funerals in the past month. I guess when ya start getting older you encounter more and more reminders of just how finite our time here is...

That said, for that money I would rather have a really nice hot-rod!

Me too Justin, and thank you for our condolances buddy.