When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attn: Users and believers of the Power Balance Wristbands

hiker01

Quote:

"you need to return the item, including credit card records, barcodes AND receipts"

So if you threw out the packaging, you're screwed... AND the date had already passed... AND this was the biggest crock of [censored] product on the face of the planet to begin with...

I'm ashamed to be associated by birth country with these charlatans, snake oil peddlers and general ratbags...

People by stuff like this all the time, people love a quick fix. I think it was a pretty neat idea wish I'd have thought of it.

I think there were even replica versions.

Quote: "you will need to return a genuine Power Balance product"...

I'd absolutely agree there were reps. The people that bought them are retards, and the people that sold them are unethical. It's a shame what people will stoop to for a buck.

Having said that... Wish I came up with it too ;op

Yes, but all disclaimers, deadlines and any other crap they try to pull is actually moot here.

Consumer rights are heavily protected by law in Aus. This overides anything a company may say. Even if they try to say that by signing something it's essentially a contract - null.

You only need to show one proof of purchase - a receipt or credit card statement is enough.

We have implied or statutory rights as as consumers. For example. Your xbox 360 says 9 months warranty, your ps3 only 6 months. BUT, all electronic goods are covered by 12 months regardless. This is the law.

Another electronic goods law we have is DOA. If you recieve a device that's DOA or dies within 30 days of purchase - just take it back. The retailer has to exchange for new on the spot. Of course they always try not to - or to try to tell you, you must return to manufacturer but just state the law and they will exchange.

Also, a retailer can posts signs, print on reciepts etc. all they all want "no exchange or refund" but you can exchange or get refund for any item, for any reason (yep, even if you just change your mind) providing the goods are still new. No, they dont have to be in 'original packaging' as they often state. The original packaging (damaged or not) just has to accompany.

I'll admit even as a consumer that some of these rules are unfair and even ridiculous for traders, but a lot of them do ensure that we receive goods that are exactly as described.

Many consumers here dont know these rules of course.

Yes, but all disclaimers, deadlines and any other crap they try to pull is actually moot here.

Consumer rights are heavily protected by law in Aus. This overides anything a company may say. Even if they try to say that by signing something it's essentially a contract - null.

You only need to show one proof of purchase - a receipt or credit card statement is enough.

We have implied or statutory rights as as consumers. For example. Your xbox 360 says 9 months warranty, your ps3 only 6 months. BUT, all electronic goods are covered by 12 months regardless. This is the law.

Another electronic goods law we have is DOA. If you recieve a device that's DOA or dies within 30 days of purchase - just take it back. The retailer has to exchange for new on the spot. Of course they always try not to - or to try to tell you, you must return to manufacturer but just state the law and they will exchange.

Also, a retailer can posts signs, print on reciepts etc. all they all want "no exchange or refund" but you can exchange or get refund for any item, for any reason (yep, even if you just change your mind) providing the goods are still new. No, they dont have to be in 'original packaging' as they often state. The original packaging (damaged or not) just has to accompany.

I'll admit even as a consumer that some of these rules are unfair and even ridiculous for traders, but a lot of them do ensure that we receive goods that are exactly as described.

Many consumers here dont know these rules of course.

I didn't know this MMA, cheers :)

I didn't know this MMA, cheers :)

No probs at all. :) I know these laws for other reasons... but the only time I've ever used it was with a new mobile phone that died inside the 30 days. The retailer (optus shop) tried to do return to manufacturer - i stated the law. They then tried to pass off company policy as law. I told them company policy is not the law. Then they tried to pull out the one calendar month thing (was march 1 but only 29 days had passed). So i had to argue it was 30 days not one calendar month.

So, just google the law before you go in and stand your ground. It can't be denied. :)

Bam! brand new phone. They have to sort the warranty.