When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who Sells The Best Rolex 16600 Sea-Dweller Rep?

fna2005

The 16600 SD was a REALLY good rep (called Super Sea Dweller -SSD of Noobfactory Sea Dweller - SSDv2) but the Deep Sea killed this great rep :'( So the SSD and SSDV2 are no longer available, and they are really expensive on the trading zone.

I know that a dealer is trying to lunch a new Sea Dweller project but no news since 2 months.

Why don't you try the classic sub 16610? Very good rep are available for this futur collector.

Hopes this help

http://s242.photobuc...ex/Sea-Dweller/

Saw this in hont's photobucket...He said he has it available..

I do not think that watch is the SSD we are talking about. Nobody has had them for quite some time. Look for one used, or wait for the new one coming out.

My SSD modded halfway to conversion to a 16660...

0b625c92.jpg

• 1 month later...
Personally, I like the TW Best version with the lug holes. I have several of them - built like a tank with a case back like a manhole cover.

Bill

TW Best made 16600's? This is the first I've heard of this.

Learn new things every day here. :)

I would have thought I'd have seen some of these on the second hand market.

Post some pictures Bill if you can! I'd love to see those!

• 4 weeks later...

"Personally, I like the TW Best version with the lug holes. I have several of them - built like a tank with a case back like a manhole cover."

"That is the case I am looking for. Drilled lugs no engraving."

I had a couple SD from 'River' about 7 or 8 years ago that might have been 'TWB'...lug holes etc but no engraving between the lugs...and they were built like a tank (a small tank). :snorkel:

I had one apart and it had a 3.0mm thick sapphire crystal in it. I do not remember if the helium valve worked or not as it has been so long. They were 14.65mm thick because I wrote it down in my notes.

Something else...I fitted one with a used genuine case tube/genuine crown and the case tube hole had to be drilled and tapped in the case. After it was drilled and tapped, the case was very thin where the groove was machined in the case for the gasket.

The case tube threads were originally the same size as a 5.3mm case tube.